This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 days not long enough?...

If 14 days aren't long enough for anyone to get into the game, why not buy yourself the $9.95 30 day membership (it's the 'Give th egift of EVE' subscription thing at the EVE store)? It's more cost effective than the $29.99 50-day time card. Not a bad deal if you want to get yor feet wet.
    |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Re: 14 days not long enough?...

now can we do that for the trial to extend or do we have to start a new character...cuase if we have to start a new character then im not sure yet....but if we can just keep getting "gifts" wouldnt this be an easy way to beat the system

and in the account thing it says you can change to time over to time codes.....if you change to time codes can you change back....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

You keep your trial character if you convert the account.
      Do or do not, there is no try....
      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
        If 14 days aren't long enough for anyone to get into the game, why not buy yourself the $9.95 30 day membership (it's the 'Give th egift of EVE' subscription thing at the EVE store)? It's more cost effective than the $29.99 50-day time card. Not a bad deal if you want to get yor feet wet.

You are sooooo an enabler!
        :icon19:

Comment

o come mateo....apo is switching over to EVE.....you know you wanna....but i mean if you are chicken we all understand
          -Vulcan

Comment

All the cool kids are doing it.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

so we can use this activate our trial characters...maybe ill do this tonight..if it doesnt work ill give it to someone
              -Vulcan

Comment

where do you enter the code from the $10 gift? The only place i have found creates a new character
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Also if anyone decides not to play the game past the trial, drop everything you have into the corp hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter Mute
                    where do you enter the code from the $10 gift? The only place i have found creates a new character
                    http://www.eve-online.com/gift
                    It's also on your PDF gift certificate.

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                    so we can use this activate our trial characters...maybe ill do this tonight..if it doesnt work ill give it to someone
                    YES. Here's how: Go to the above URL, enter in the key and create a new account.

Then, email EVE support and request your trial account character(s) be transferred to your gift subscription account.
                    In the email, specify what you trial account name is, and the trial characters you want moved over are. Also, include the name of your new subscription account. Normally this service has a fee of $20, but from what I'm reading in the EVE Forums, this is a one time freebe.

Trial accounts seem to be flagged differently on the subscription backend side of EVE, so a new account must be created.

You will have to wait until the DownTime maintenance occurs before you can use your character. So before you email and make the request, start training up a lenghtly Skill since you might be out of action for a max of 24hours. Might as well use that time for skill training.

I've done this, I'm currently awaiting the DT maintenance and get back into it.

Comment

Brilliant syn thanks. Activating my trial account with the gift certificate is what I wanted to do. I have emailed the support people from the "ask a question" link on the eve-online.com main page.
                      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Where is this gift in the store? I can't seem to find it.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

As of January 1st, the Holiday Gift offer no longer applies.

I suppose this thread should be closed as a result.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X