Confused about combat repercussions/ sec status/ standings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about combat repercussions/ sec status/ standings

I had the impression that you could attack anyone you want in .4 or below with no game-managed repercussions whatsoever. (The guy will hate you, and may make war on you, but EvE will not punish you.)

However, in this thread on pirating:
    http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...=189700&page=2
    it seems to indicate that you will still suffer a sec rate hit - and a much greater one if you pod them.

On top of that, there is an aggression timeframe ... 15 minutes ... within which Concord will attack you - even if your attack was in low-sec space.

Plus, I've read about the new "Eye for an Eye" feature - where you can kill someone on sight if they've blown up your ship???

Then there's standing. If you destroy someone's ship, their faction's standings with you - do they change?

There's so much I'm not sure about.
    Please help me out - but don't bother me with your speculation. I can speculate just fine by myself. But if you have hard facts or are pretty sure about something, post away.
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Re: Confused about combat repercussions/ sec status/ standings

Originally posted by StrikeFear
    However, in this thread on pirating:
    http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...=189700&page=2
    it seems to indicate that you will still suffer a sec rate hit - and a much greater one if you pod them.
    I believe it is -0.05 for a ship kill (unless there is a sliding scale) -1.25 for a podding based on some forum posts I can't seem to find now. You also take a hit for aggression, which I assume is firing or container stealing.

The thread mentioned is a good read on pirate tactics and the effects of sec status.

Originally posted by StrikeFear
    Plus, I've read about the new "Eye for an Eye" feature - where you can kill someone on sight if they've blown up your ship???
    The bottom tab in your character sheet. its called kill rights. I have one for the guy who jumped us in a megathron the other night.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

What?! You can insta-kill someone if they kill you? That's stupid.

Comment

No, its not insta kill, you still have to actually successfully attack and kill them. The kill right is just a free pass on attacking. The law will not interfere. Note that this happens if you steal from a can. The can steal is on a timer. The kill right is longer lasting, not sure how long.
        Do or do not, there is no try....
        -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie
          No, its not insta kill, you still have to actually successfully attack and kill them. The kill right is just a free pass on attacking. The law will not interfere. Note that this happens if you steal from a can. The can steal is on a timer. The kill right is longer lasting, not sure how long.
          Thought so, but your last post didn't say it wasn't insta-kill so I was still curious.

Comment

Strike,

If someone kills while NPC's are fighting you and they both give you damage, you will not get the kill right. That might be an exploit but not sure on that.

0.1-0.4 space will incur small penalties, 0.5 and up will cause major penalties and you will be KOS by concord. Concord won't KOS if you kill someone in 0.0-0.4 though but you will take the security status hit and I'm pretty sure it's -5 before concord declares you KOS. If you fight near Concord though they will intervene on the aggressor and sentry guns will fire.

- -

Comment

This gives an outstanding and clear explanation of all of this stuff:
              Security Status from Grismar's EvE wiki

(This link is also in the Helpful EvE Links thread.
              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
              - Lazarus Long

Comment

There are some know so well documented items though. For instance, if you pvp near a gate with sentries in insecure empire space, they will fire on you. Same goes for stations. In the planets and belts it's safe though.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X