Hmmm, a sci fi MMORPG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm, a sci fi MMORPG?

How does this compare, gameplay-wise, to WoW? Is this a good game for someone that only has time during the wee morning hours and on weekends to play?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Hmmm, a sci fi MMORPG?

instead of leveling up you have to learn skills....you learn a skill and level that up...my character had roughly 50+ skills and i have to learn the. each level takes a certian amount of time. and when you level those skills up you can do more. and the cool thing is, it keeps learning them when you are offline. you can start a skill and leave and come back and its done....when those skills are training there is some much you can do

there are mission like in wow that you can do that will get you money and "street" cred. the more "credit" you have the better you can get paid from agents....just get the trial and do the tutorial and check it out

you will enjoy it...
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I have to get a new HDD running in my machine, but once that's done, I think I'll give it a try.

Anything I need to know before I jump in?
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

whats cool about the game is its all server side, you download the cleint for free and then you just need to pay to play.

just jumping in you really need to do the tutorial.....it takes awhile but you will be lost with out it..and if you have any questions make sure you bug Wulfyn he likes that alot....lol
        -Vulcan

Comment

How much is the subscription? I looked all over the official site, and they seem to be hesitant to advertise anything but their promos...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            How much is the subscription? I looked all over the official site, and they seem to be hesitant to advertise anything but their promos...
            $19.95 per month, I believe. However, there is a 14-day trial available so that you can take the game for a test-drive.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
            |TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I would recommend browsing the eve-online FAQ for little tid-bits of info.

+ Subscription Info

There are just a few things that I think set EVE apart from other MMORPGs...

1) Learn skills through time instead of hacking your way to higher levels. This can be done OFFLINE.
              2) The game is not meant to be played alone. Joining a corporation takes the game to a new level. The corporation concept is not like the typical guild concept you find in other games.
              3) Your character can change it's path / direction throughout the game. You are not tied into one player "class".
              4) EVE economics system is based completely on supply & demand.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                I would recommend browsing the eve-online FAQ for little tid-bits of info.

+ Subscription Info
                Hmm, I don't know why I couldn't find that last night...

Subscription rates for credit card users:

Europe
                Cost/month* Total cost*
                1-month-plan 14.95 14.95
                3-month-plan 12.95 38.85
                6-month-plan 11.95 71.70
                12-month-plan 10.95 131.40
                * VAT included

Outside Europe Cost/month Total cost
                1-month-plan $ 14.95 $ 14.95
                3-month-plan $ 12.95 $ 38.85
                6-month-plan $ 11.95 $ 71.70
                12-month-plan $ 10.95 $ 131.40

So... I can try the two week free trial, roll that into a $14.95 1-month plan, and by then I should know if I like it or not.

Yeah, I think I'll give it a try...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

your first month after the trial is 20 buck for an activation fee.....
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...