Lag?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag?

Before I go messing with my pc I'm wondering if hard lag is a normal occurence in Eve? EVERY time I come out of jump or warp I get a good 5 second freeze. It also happens when there is a new larger craft coming into picture.

It seems to me these would be lag events as opposed to graphics related. Are there really 16,000 players on one Eve server?
    New to TG?

Re: Lag?

There is a message on the startup chat that says that EVE knows about the lag and will try to address it when they can.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yea but that doesn't sound right, I hardly ever get lag. Make sure to check how many people are in local chat, if there are alot then it may get laggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
        There is a message on the startup chat that says that EVE knows about the lag and will try to address it when they can.
        Thanks, I did see that which is why I didn't bug CCP with questions. Instead I thought I'd bug you guys...:row__593:

I just got a pop-up announcement saying Jita system should be avoided due to congestion.

Hopefully they'll improve things, but I'm really enjoying the game anyway. I can see lag causing problems in battles, but at my level I'm running from everything as soon as I see a red cross.
        New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by Hero
          Yea but that doesn't sound right, I hardly ever get lag. Make sure to check how many people are in local chat, if there are alot then it may get laggy.
          That's a good tip, thanks!
          New to TG?

Comment

Its been lagging in Eve for 3 years, it wont stop :)

Comment

There is a known issue with a memory leak. The longer you have the game open the worse it gets. This manefests as "slow down" which many people would call lag. Minemising EVE for a few minutes helps but I would advise docking and restarting the app to clear the memory if you are expecting combat.
              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Hah...now this game sounds TOO much like Freelancer...
                -Zephyr
                You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                We are not a single game.
                We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Lag is part of EvE, you will always get it.. It will never exist in this game

Comment

I think the problem I was having was the memory leak. I've gotten into the practice of restarting every couple hours and it's not nearly as bad as it was.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X