X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USN_Squid
    started a topic Lag?

Lag?

Before I go messing with my pc I'm wondering if hard lag is a normal occurence in Eve? EVERY time I come out of jump or warp I get a good 5 second freeze. It also happens when there is a new larger craft coming into picture.

It seems to me these would be lag events as opposed to graphics related. Are there really 16,000 players on one Eve server?

• USN_Squid
    replied
    Re: Lag?

I think the problem I was having was the memory leak. I've gotten into the practice of restarting every couple hours and it's not nearly as bad as it was.

Leave a comment:

• VegaBond
    replied

Lag is part of EvE, you will always get it.. It will never exist in this game

Leave a comment:

• Zephyr
    replied

Hah...now this game sounds TOO much like Freelancer...
    -Zephyr

Leave a comment:

• Wintermute
    replied

There is a known issue with a memory leak. The longer you have the game open the worse it gets. This manefests as "slow down" which many people would call lag. Minemising EVE for a few minutes helps but I would advise docking and restarting the app to clear the memory if you are expecting combat.

Leave a comment:

• VegaBond
    replied

Its been lagging in Eve for 3 years, it wont stop :)

Leave a comment:

• USN_Squid
    replied

Originally posted by Hero
    Yea but that doesn't sound right, I hardly ever get lag. Make sure to check how many people are in local chat, if there are alot then it may get laggy.
    That's a good tip, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• USN_Squid
    replied

Originally posted by Tempus
    There is a message on the startup chat that says that EVE knows about the lag and will try to address it when they can.
    Thanks, I did see that which is why I didn't bug CCP with questions. Instead I thought I'd bug you guys...:row__593:

I just got a pop-up announcement saying Jita system should be avoided due to congestion.

Hopefully they'll improve things, but I'm really enjoying the game anyway. I can see lag causing problems in battles, but at my level I'm running from everything as soon as I see a red cross.

Leave a comment:

• Hero
    replied

Yea but that doesn't sound right, I hardly ever get lag. Make sure to check how many people are in local chat, if there are alot then it may get laggy.

Leave a comment:

• Tempus
    replied

There is a message on the startup chat that says that EVE knows about the lag and will try to address it when they can.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X