The Big Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Scam

This is a fascinating account of a guy who scammed millions of ISK out of other players back in the early days of EVE. The start is just an account of his easrly career, the scam starts at part 6.

http://static.circa1984.com/the-big-scam.html
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Re: The Big Scam

It is an entertaining read even if you don't care about the scam itself. The guy has a humorous style.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

A cauntionary tale about playing the game solo and trying to build individual wealth.

Comment

Lol that was funny, boy i wish i was the lucky guy at the end who got the ISK.

Comment

The biggest lie in that tale:

"It is a story of liars, bandits, and greed. It is a story of the worst of the human condition, and how the motive for profit will drive a normally nice guy to the deepest depths of evil and betrayal."
          New to TG?

Comment

Wow .... That was amusing alot of big persons words, but amusing he reminds me of the Artemis fowl books.

God why would he do such a thing if i were him i would make an alternate and work on him as im scamming. (which i don't)

Also i understand that he was greedy after he was killed by the pirates millions of times and he created the "Idea", but after he did it i guess the experience changed him.

lol the library phone

^_^banano Goes down smooth.

Comment

What an *******..
              [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
              [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

That was a great story, and in the end he saw the truth. In absolute wealth you shall find no happieness, no sense of acomplishment, not for long anyway. And without a way to use what you have, when you posses a surplus of such a scale, it becomes forever meaningless.

The moral: It is the journey that matters, not the destination, and if you work for only personal profit, you will find only emptiness.
                War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

Actually this story might be false. Actually I'm pretty sure most of it is false.
                  [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                  [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Originally posted by Mishkan
                    Actually this story might be false. Actually I'm pretty sure most of it is false.
                    Notice I said it was a great story, not that it was true. True or not, its a great story, and has a awesome moral.
                    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas
                      That was a great story, and in the end he saw the truth. In absolute wealth you shall find no happieness, no sense of acomplishment, not for long anyway. And without a way to use what you have, when you posses a surplus of such a scale, it becomes forever meaningless.

The moral: It is the journey that matters, not the destination, and if you work for only personal profit, you will find only emptiness.

Like "More"
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                        That was cool. Kind of like a Pink Floyd video on a massive come down.
                        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Whoa, that was...sad. Emo site?

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                            That was cool. Kind of like a Pink Floyd video on a massive come down.
                            So funny that you would say this. When I saw the link to "More" I thought of the movie below.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0064694/
                            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...