Could someone explain the Sec system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone explain the Sec system?

I know that 1.0 is maximum security and 0.0 is minimum, and that in 0.0 there is no CONCORD and everything goes.

I know there's some kind of difference between 0.5+ and those below 0.5...

If you do something criminal in front of sentry guns, you get killed regardless of the sec space, and you get some kind of criminal record (sec status - ).

What are the penalties, and at what point are people with negative ratings not permitted to enter secure space, etc.?

Re: Could someone explain the Sec system?

Penalties will be applied to your security rating for destroying or podding a player(whom you do not have kill rights for) in anything over 0.0 space.

I don't recall exactly, but at about -5.0 security rating all other players will have kill rights for you in any sec space and turrets and concord will attack on sight.

When you commit a "crime" (anything from attacking a neutral target to aiding a player who has just commited a crime) you are flagged for about 15 minutes. During this time you will be engaged by concord and any turrets in range.

As for the difference between 0.5+ and <0.5, it's simply that in systems below 0.5, concord will not show up to protect an assaulted player, the stationary turrets are the only protection. This means that in 0.5+ you should be effectively untouchable by most player pirates anywhere in system because concord will warp in very quickly no matter where the offense occurs. However, since <0.5 has only the turrets, you will have protection only near gates and stations. - Note that you should not assume you are safe just because turrets are nearby. A coordinated group of pirates *can* tank the turrets at least long enough to destroy you.

edit:
    hmm...rereading the above almost confused myself, so here are the basic points:
    0.5 and up --> Almost entirely safe; concord will warp anywhere in mere moments.
    less than 0.5 --> Turrets will deter most casual pirates but not coordinated groups. (Remeber that there are no turrets in asteroid belts.) ^^
    Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
    [age-c1]
    [eng][air]

Comment

OK now I see, thanks. I could tell the asteroid belts were safe in .5+ and not in the others, and now I understand why.

Comment

So, in 0.4 the turrents should fire on anyone attacking or with a low sec rating correct?

I ask because last night I got ganked undocking in 0.4 space and the guy was just camping the station where I thought he should have been tracked and destroyed by the turrents.

Comment

There are ways to game the turrets so that gankers can camp certain stations and jump gates. At least there were back in 2004. Basically, trust nothing. Always have an escape plan.

Also, not all stations have turrets. :) They should be on the overview if they are present.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jaymind
            So, in 0.4 the turrents should fire on anyone attacking or with a low sec rating correct?

I ask because last night I got ganked undocking in 0.4 space and the guy was just camping the station where I thought he should have been tracked and destroyed by the turrents.
            Gate and station guns will fire on you for attacking a non-criminal in .1 or higher space. That being said, a properly outfitted battleship or HAC can easily tank the gate guns and smoke you in the mean time. Additionally, most larger ships can be outfitted to fire on you with great effect from extreme range, with total immunity from the sentry guns.
            If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
            with any questions or concerns.
            |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/eve-onl...eve-links.html

http://eve.grismar.net/wiki/wikka.ph...SecurityStatus
              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Does anyone know exactly how many points you lose for destroying someone's ship or podding him?

Comment

You may wanna check the eve forums for an equation but afaik it's based on the security level of the system your in. I don't know though as i usually don't attack people unless they are wanted in low sec (which doesn't incur a sec hit).

- -

Comment

Originally posted by ouija
                    Gate and station guns will fire on you for attacking a non-criminal in .1 or higher space. That being said, a properly outfitted battleship or HAC can easily tank the gate guns and smoke you in the mean time. Additionally, most larger ships can be outfitted to fire on you with great effect from extreme range, with total immunity from the sentry guns.

eeeh, thats gotta be one tanked hac. it'll need some plates. a bs can easily do it but i think the turets would rip through a hac.

Does anyone know exactly how many points you lose for destroying someone's ship or podding him?
                    not sure on the exact number but if you are looking to gank in low sec dont pod people. you wont get a big hit from killing their ship but if you pod someone you'll go down fast. also if you kill someone in 0.0 you take no sec stat hit.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X