Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been charged ISK to send an eve-mail or start a chat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been charged ISK to send an eve-mail or start a chat?

When a player is NOT in your address book, you will be charged ISK to send that player an eve-mail or start a chat session. To avoid this charge, simply add that player to your address book first.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Have you ever been charged ISK to send an eve-mail or start a chat?

Thanks asch, I was wondering how to get rid of that.

Comment

I have a few people in my address book that I still get charged for mail to them. Does it have to be mutual maybe?
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler
        I have a few people in my address book that I still get charged for mail to them. Does it have to be mutual maybe?
        Must be. The intent is to stop in-game spammers.

But then, it is only 100 ISK.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Only 100 ISK between organizational members sending ore and sales reports back and forth adds up. :)
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

I find that if I increase the persons standing with me the charge goes away.

Comment

Easier than the IRS!

- -

Comment

Or go to your evemail window, right click on the inbox tab and select options. From there you can configure your charge.

Keep in mind that this isn't a charge the sender pays you, it's just vanishing isk. I have my default set to no charge - haven't had an issue with spamming at all, I suppose if I ever do Ill just block that one person.
                Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
                [age-c1]
                [eng][air]

Comment

How do you stop those stupid mails that get sent every time a skill is completed training? Talk about spam
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Thats funny, I only get a couple of those a month. ;P

Seriously though, you'll probably find they become much less frequent as you begin reaching the higher ranks of skills. (Soon you will love the sight of a blinking inbox.)

Also, as far as I know there is no way of not receiving any of the "standard" eve-mails. (Skills, death mails, kill mails, insurance, agent stuff, etc.)
                    Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
                    [age-c1]
                    [eng][air]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...