• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning skill guides

For those who have not seen them:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...threadID=81368

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=242786

Re: Learning skill guides

Yup, by far the *MOST* cost effective (read: Time efficient) thing you can do in Eve is to train the LEARNING skill to level 5 as soon as possible.

The other skills that raise stats will greatly lower training times as well. Additionally, implants will help as well...(Get to running those agent missions!!)
    If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
    with any questions or concerns.
    |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by ouija
      Yup, by far the *MOST* cost effective (read: Time efficient) thing you can do in Eve is to train the LEARNING skill to level 5 as soon as possible.
      negative
      the “payoff” times for training the various learning skills are as follows:

“Learning” from level 4 to level 5: 140 Days
      The 5 attribute-enhancing advanced learning skills from level 4 to level 5: 3 Years, 235 Days, 11 Hours, 3 Minutes, and 38 Seconds
      The 5 (not yet released) Elite learning skills and “Advanced Learning” from level 4 to level 5: 4 Years, 155 Days, 11 Hours, 55 Minutes, and 25 Seconds

This “payoff” time is defined as the total skill points invested in level 5 learning skills divided by average improved training time per minute.
      Train to level 4, but level 5 is probably a waste of time.
      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

What he said ^^^^^^.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Training Learning level 4 to level 5 only takes a few days (8 if memory serves me correct), and cuts down a significant portion of training time on ALL other skills.

The post you cite, shows that the time investment is very small in relation to other skills used to boost training time.

Trust me, the difference between not having your learning skills maxxed and having them is down right incredible. Its possible, with the learning skills, and implants to train over 3x as fast as someone without.

Additionally, Learning 5 is required for all advanced learning skills (not positive on this, been a while). (Which I have seen shave weeks off of some of the high rank skills)
          |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

The best way IMO to handle it is so your not spending 4 weeks doing learning, is take the necessary attributes to lvl 4. Then train your skills you want to be effective in your profession to level 3 so you can atleast play. Then go back to learning skills getting them up to level 5.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
              The best way IMO to handle it is so your not spending 4 weeks doing learning, is take the necessary attributes to lvl 4. Then train your skills you want to be effective in your profession to level 3 so you can atleast play. Then go back to learning skills getting them up to level 5.
              Heheh, I didnt say thats the way I did it when I played...just the most efficient! But yeah, I agree with Vulcan...its hard to stay interested in the game when all you are working on is learning skills. If it doesnt bother you, you will be rewarded greatly for your patience though.
              |

Comment

An advanced skillbook costs 5 million. Believe me the corp will buy these for you guys in droves.

At a Mem/Int of around 13 for each Level 5 will take around 7 days to learn. For those 7 days you get 1 point in an attribute (and the more points you have in each attribute the less each further point is worth). However this is not the right way to think about it. All of the attribute boosting skills have an advanced level. At the above stats it takes around 1 day to learn advanced learning skills to level 3. Thus your 7 days for one point becomes 8 days for 4 points. An average point per day of 2 is comparable with taking the basics from 3 to 4.

Assuming:

Lv - Time - sum - per level
                1 - 0.5hrs - (0.5) - (0.5)
                2 - 2hrs - (2.5) - (1.25)
                3 - 6hrs - (8.5) - (2.83)
                4 - 24hrs - (32.5) - (8.12)
                5 - 168hrs - (200.5) - (40.1)
                6 - 1.5hrs - (202) - (33.7)
                7 - 6hrs - (208) - (29.7)
                8 - 18hrs - (226) - (28.25)
                9 - 54hrs - (280) - (31.1)

Thus we see that if you are going to go past 4 then it is most efficient to take to 8 (advanced 3). Of course the efficiency cannot be nearly as good as 4, but then at a starting attribute of 8 taking learning from 4 to 8 would give a 33% bonus.

My suggestion is to focus on Memory and Intelligence first if you are going to do them at all, because these cut down on the remaining learning times. If an attribute is likely to only be a secondary attribute to the skills you want to learn, or if they are in a skill set that you won't use much (say a dab of electronics skills for non-EW combat pilots) then take it to 4. If it is something that you are going to focus in heavily then definitely take it to advanced 3 as soon as you can.

Comment

Once again, Wulfyn surpasses all understanding.
                  "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                  - Lazarus Long

Comment

i disargree with only to lvl4. maybe as a starting char only to 4 but make sure you train it up higher because the adv learning skills are out and require the first ones at 5 to train them.

ALSO to speed it all up training int. and memory first because all the learning skills are int/mem skills which means if you get these high first the rest will take less time.
                    although adv learning to 5 takes 15d i only suggest adv learning to 4 it most situations.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X