How much ISK should I be making?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much ISK should I be making?

I have around 680k skillpoints, over learning, up to caldari cruiser 3, various turrets, some drones, mining and other skills to buy some basic Tech 1 upgrades. I'm not quite focused in one direction yet, I was somewhat thinking I could mine while I train up some combat skills and make money that way. If I decide to mine I tend to find some scordite or one of it's derivitives, fill up a giant container and then haul that off to the nearest buyer. A run of this will net me anywhere from 260-280k and takes 30-40 mins. Now I'm looking at the next cruiser I want, an MOA (I'm in an Osprey at the moment), and that alone is going to run me 8-9mil. Does this sound about right for my skill level on time vs reward, or do I really need to move into a corporation to see some better returns on time invested?

Re: How much ISK should I be making?

I make a mil an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Hero
      I make a mil an hour.
      What sort of skill level are you at? Doing what?

Comment

i wouldn't do personal mining if you are in the corp. I make about a mil an hour plus loot off of npc pirate hunting and i have about 700k sp. If you have a ship than can tank the damage a battlecruiser dishes out then you can make 450k on a 3 spectre spawn in mahti.

---

Comment

Orbitz, if you are in the TEGL corp talk to Vulcan about upgrading to a cruiser. At your skill level you may have trouble keeping a cruiser alive in combat. If you are interested in mining with a cruiser, we can set you up with an Osprey, but of course you would then be paid by the corp for your minerals, not sell them yourself.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Catch me in game, in a pm or on TS to talk about getting into a cruiser! Check out the Security forum as well.

- -

Comment

Do NPC hunting, it's a good way to practice learning the combat systems too.

Comment

Good way to learn combat, NOT PVP though, just to clarify :).

Comment

Originally posted by Hero
                  Good way to learn combat, NOT PVP though, just to clarify :).
                  Yes, different modules and tactics than PVP. 'Course, if you were going to try to practice PVP on your own when the game has been out for over two years...you're just going to die.

But NPC hunting is a good way to get used to multitasking modules, getting ranges, maneuvering, managing your shields, etc.

Comment

1m an hour sounds good. mining isnt my thing so some other things you can do are mission( kill mission are the best, everything else sucks imo) ratting, or complexing. complexing can be really successfull if you get a good drop.

also, if you have not already trained up ALL your learning skills to five (not the adv ones yet) do so. (well, except charisma.. you dont need that) but i seriously suggest this because in the long run it'll help so much more. i know as a started player it sucks to train these but they'll make ALL your trains after this shorter. then when you have the money for hte adv ones (they'll a couple mill a piece) buy those and learn them. each lvl gives you 1 more attribute point which in the equation of skill training decreases the time.

if you are staying caldari the MOA is an okay cruiser. its a sniper so you arent gonna be doing great dmg but its not terrible. in terms of cald cruiser i like the blackbird the most but thats for its EW powers. I would suggest figuring out which race you want to play as. and stick with it. if you go caldari you are going to need to train up missle skills (For their missle boats, ie kestrel, caracal, raven, crow, cerebus). and gun skills for their gun boats (moa, eagle, harpy, etc)

Comment

If you were in the corp you could make a lot more money that per hour, but then it would go to the corp to help everyone. We work like a commune. You will get back more than equal to what you give if you are a team player. EVE is really a game where a corp is stronger than the sum of its parts.
                      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X