EVE trial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVE trial

im thinkin about doing the trial version of EVE, and was wondering if theres anything i should know before starting a character.
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: EVE trial

Yep, log onto TS and ask for assistance when making your character, the attributes and race you select there are fixed for your entire game unless you restart. They affect the speed things train at so if your attributes don't match your chosen path in the game it will seriously slow you down in advancing your character.

If i'm on I will come help, but anyone on TS will help you

Comment

Originally posted by Chair
      im thinkin about doing the trial version of EVE, and was wondering if theres anything i should know before starting a character.
      Make sure you keep bugging Preston. He's running the personnel / hr dept. and should answer all of your questions. :row__523:
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

I just started last weekend and Preston helped me create my character. He has been SOOOO very helpful and awesome!

On a side note, if you just want to get into the trial and spend the 3hours on the tutorial, then you can create a character by just winging it and then if you decide to give the game a shot for longer than the trial, get the help in creating your "Real" character.

Comment

preston helped me out a bunch, the game would have been overwhelming to me without him, thus cutting my already-short attention span in half, and i would not have played more than an hour or 2, thanks!!
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
            I thought EVE was a little hard to get used to, not very user friendly, and the tutorial was like 8 days long... I would like to acually play it problem was I lost intrest before the tutorial was over.
            I definitely hear that. For some reason I find the game very interesting... but I tried to get a friend into it and he just bitched the whole time, finally quitting and saying I was lame for liking it ;) Its definitely not for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jkat
              I definitely hear that. For some reason I find the game very interesting... but I tried to get a friend into it and he just bitched the whole time, finally quitting and saying I was lame for liking it ;) Its definitely not for everyone.
              meh, let your friend have his mindless Doom fragging fun... :P
              |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Originally posted by jkat
                Yeah, EvE has a pretty high learning curve. The saticfaction you will get once you do start to understand how the game works, what a good career path is (you've planned out your next couple of months of skill training), and how to fit what you can fly pretty well (you have a frigate that you can easily fight NPC cruisers in) is pretty high too.

Once you are a little more comfortable, you can start to think about pvp, if you decide to go the combat route. EvE pvp is a pretty good rush. The risk involved (you lose the nice expensive ship you have worked to build) makes it much more rewarding than some insta-spawn frag-fest.
                Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Thats what Im excited about. I can appreciate the extremely slow pace in the beginning...knowing that once my skills get to where they need to be Ill be ready for the advanced stuff.

I constantly argue with my friend about that.... hes got common sense, but for some reason he keeps using the tutorial as his argument to explain the ENTIRE game. "Click, fly here.. click shoot that spaceship... repeat." And I always come back with the concept that NO other games tutorial is a sum of ALL of its parts. Hes just being an ass ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X