0.0 fun (56K warning)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.0 fun (56K warning)

Well, I've only been away for about 20 days but it feels like a hell of a lot longer than that. And let me tell you, it has been very, very fun. You should all come out to 0.0 ASAP! Huzzah and some allies have recently attacked FiX (and have been subsequently owning them at every turn) and have now taken 2 stations (one in FAT under Huzzah control and recently one in 3bk for Smash alliance that is only 5 jumps away from their home system :)) But as the 3bk part of the campaign comes to a close I have yet to complete all the screens, so I thought I would show you some I took from the FAT campaign.

My first decently large fleet on the way to FAT to reinforce our forces already there:

About 5-7 dreads jumping in along with 2 carriers to hit the POS's:

This is the largest fleet I have been in command of up until now. I love being fleet commander, and have recently been made a HAF (Huzzah Armed Forces) offcial commander, which is great and means I can now officially take command of fleets (some other stuff goes along with it, like ship payouts, but it's rather dull, so I will spare you :P).

This is by far my favorite battle and kicked off the best day I have had in Eve so far. This was 2AM my time on April 12 and we won this battle, but I just like the angle it was shot from (sorry it got cut off :()

This was taken from April 12th but in the afternoon as there were now 2 hostile fleets in system, 1 FIX fleet and 1 Euphoria Released (and other assorted pirates). This fleet was commanded by a Stain Alliance guy and he was by far the best FC I have ever seen. We engaged the enemy in four major battles and absolutly anihilated them in each encounter. So, the fleet:

One awsome battle where the opposing fleets held their ground about 10k from each other. It takes nerves of steel to just sit there and be in danger of being tackled at any moment, but we did, and we prevailed.

Another battle, unfortunatly I missed 2 screens (as I have done a alot :() because somehow I end up copying something (like a killmail to post) onto the clipboard which erases the screen I had taken.

Wow, after previewing those photobucket images got completly scaled down :/. I'll get another Flickr account tommorrow to upload them (already used all the space on the first) but for now it is late. Hope to see you all out here soon, as blue of course :).

Re: 0.0 fun (56K warning)

Thats what im talking about!!! Looks like ur having alot of fun. o/

Comment

Nice screenshots, glad you having fun but those sized fleets don't really interest me.

Dissapointed in you trying to tank, I would of thought that sized fleets it would be insta-popping, be a man and fit jammers and get called primary!

Comment

mmm looks laggy :P

What you think we aren't in 0 space? hah.

- -

Comment

Those sized fleet battles are why I play this game. Lag isn't bad for me, no module lag or targetting or anything like that. Only lag I get is jump/warp in and when I try to move the camera around FPS drops a bit, but nothing keeps it from being enjoyable.

Don't tank in fleet battles? Haha, BC's are the ultimate cruiser killer and no FC would call a ferox primary :) Kill cruisers like crazy and there is nothing they can do about it because they cant touch my tank (and neither can other BC's).

Actually now that you mention it I have never lost a ship in fleet combat. Makes calling primaries great since you never get called primary.

Comment

That battle in FAT looks like a Christmas tree!

Comment

Originally posted by Hero
              Don't tank in fleet battles? Haha, BC's are the ultimate cruiser killer and no FC would call a ferox primary :) Kill cruisers like crazy and there is nothing they can do about it because they cant touch my tank (and neither can other BC's).

Actually now that you mention it I have never lost a ship in fleet combat. Makes calling primaries great since you never get called primary.
              hehe sorry, internal joke about calling primary calling...

internet sarcasm 4tl
              Last edited by Preston85; 04-25-2006, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hero
                Yes you have... Ugluuk even put it in his video :icon_bigg

Seriously though, glad to see you are having fun. I agree with you about BCs - planning to get any gang mods for it, its a great platform for that, for the reasons you mentioned.

You guys ever do any smaller gang stuff?
                Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

I would still say a tanked ferox wouldn't last long if a fleet of 30 BS's targetted it.... I wouldn't expect it to last long against 5 BS's.

Hell 3 or 4 low skills BC's can take down a ferox very quickly, even a couple of gank thorax's.

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie
                    Yes you have... Ugluuk even put it in his video :icon_bigg

Seriously though, glad to see you are having fun. I agree with you about BCs - planning to get any gang mods for it, its a great platform for that, for the reasons you mentioned.

You guys ever do any smaller gang stuff?
                    Haha you are right, that was right in the begining when the prophecy was sitting out there and me and an apoc went and took him out...and then it began :D. Gang mods no, it is a cheap ship to play with until my skills are sufficient for battleship.

Smaller gang stuff yes, depends on where you are/want to do really. Hang around X area and mine and rat, hang around Y area and do anti pirate stuff and whatever else. Or, you go out with the war fleets, but really, everyone is expected to come out and help and combat forces that need help.

Originally posted by Preston85
                    I would still say a tanked ferox wouldn't last long if a fleet of 30 BS's targetted it.... I wouldn't expect it to last long against 5 BS's.

Hell 3 or 4 low skills BC's can take down a ferox very quickly, even a couple of gank thorax's.
                    When would 30 BS's, or more than 1 for that matter, ever target a Ferox in a fleet battle? And support have no primaries, so you dont get 3-4 BC's shooting you.

Comment

Ok i'll bite (i'm bored at uni, databases is mind numbing), when all your battleships are dead :-p

Care to share your experiences on target selection?
                      My theoretical order would go something like:
                      Remove EW first so BB + Scorpians
                      Armageddons - High damage dealer but not as good tank. Remove enemies firepower quickly.

after this I would be a bit lost.... I would say tempest and mega's are next with well tanked ravens/apoc's after that. Domis + typhoons.... well I would guess their firepower is lowest so maybe hit them last.

And that primary/secondary lark, is the secondary a closer target for those without the range to hit primary or just incase by the time they target the primary its nearly dead they have something to shoot at ?

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85
                        Ok i'll bite (i'm bored at uni, databases is mind numbing), when all your battleships are dead :-p

Care to share your experiences on target selection?
                        My theoretical order would go something like:
                        Remove EW first so BB + Scorpians
                        Armageddons - High damage dealer but not as good tank. Remove enemies firepower quickly.

after this I would be a bit lost.... I would say tempest and mega's are next with well tanked ravens/apoc's after that. Domis + typhoons.... well I would guess their firepower is lowest so maybe hit them last.

And that primary/secondary lark, is the secondary a closer target for those without the range to hit primary or just incase by the time they target the primary its nearly dead they have something to shoot at ?
                        Close, usually it's scorps, tempests, apocs or megas then ravens and finally geddons and if you are this far and they aren't running it must be quite a battle. Hell, you usually wouldn't get to ravens depending on what kind of ships there are. Then again, this is more ideal than what actually happens. You need to constantly be calling primarys and secondarys so if you happen to find one of the types you are looking for quickly, then good, otherwise its just usually the battleships that are sniping. Though I have not been in a large engagment where we didn't already know who was flying scorps.

Comment

Nice sized fleets. Wished most of ours were taht sized.. 120+ man fleets are just way too laggy :P
                          in my experience out here in 0.0 i find in almost all fights it's scorps and ravens (cuz ravens ew alot too) are primary with an assorment of ships after that... at close range ( i wouldn't know RA doesn't fight at anything less then 100km :( )

On -v-'s birthday it was nutz.. over 450 friendly pilots around 1 station :( thats lag... thank god they upgraded the servers.

Anyways ... glad you guys are having fun out there.. i kinda feel bad for fix right now... bob hitting from one side and everyone else from the other.

Comment

O.O Hey lokka, long time no see. You joined -V-? When you left TEGL you were joining ASCN I thought. Anyway good luck with that. And don't feel bad for FIX, they aren't really being attacked by BoB, just gank squads, which we get as well. Not to mention they are just plain weak. We have won every major engagment besides 2 and after we attacked and took 3BK they gave no more resistence, in retaking 3BK or preventing H74 from falling (which it did without Huzzah, due to the BoB attack, and we were the bulk of the force attacking FIX).

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying themselves, doesn't sound like AoA is doing to good from what I hear, and the Eve-O forums are making the alliance look rather bad publicly.

Comment

AoA are actually doing really well, thanks. 2 and a half bn loses so far and a couple of POS are really nothing for an organisation the size of ours. CONIN are trying to keep the moral high ground, but are pretty upset at that Navy Mega loss. Shame UARM forgot to put any SC's in that POS tho lol!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X