Im unsure!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im unsure!!!

Ok guys i have just finished the free Trial of Eve and have very mixed feelings about the game.

I am looking for another mmorpg after cancelling my EQ2 account and Eve looked pretty amazing. I am in two minds if i should carry on with the game for a few more Months to see how it pans out. The reason why im unsure is i find the combat very frustrating, slow and pretty boring and that part of the game to me seems pretty important. Apart from that the game quite takes my fancy. I can imagine lots of people say you have to give the game a few Months of play before making a decision but i just don't know....There is something in the back of my mind saying no....

Anyway what have i got to look forward to if i carry on with the game?

Does the Combat get any better?

Any Feedback would be really appreciated.
    Last edited by phaze; 07-06-2006, 08:13 AM.
    [defense]

Re: Im unsure!!!

What type of combat did you do?

Combat for me in this game, especially the slow decay of your hull, is one of the most invigorating experiences i've had in any game...ever.

- -

Comment

The level I and II missions are tedious, but once you make it into IIIs and IVs they become pretty hectic, requiring a lot of teamwork and planning to complete. Half the fun is outfitting your ship for that specific task.

PvP is much much different and can be either very frustrating or thrilling depending on your temperment. The key is to remember that, unlike traditional MMOs, there are very limited options for solo play. Eventually you need to rely on your friends and allies to get most important tasks done.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, what Steeler said. This game comes into its glory when you are flying with a good corporation and accessing the high end content. Of course, PvP is like no other MMO if you get into it. It won't be for everybody, but if you try it and like it, it really sets the game apart.
        Do or do not, there is no try....
        -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by phaze
          The reason why im unsure is i find the combat very frustrating, slow and pretty boring and that part of the game to me seems pretty important.

Does the Combat get any better?
          Ah, you havenít tried the PVP, which is understandable since you have a young character. Player versus player combat in this game gives me the shakes....the adrenaline is amazing. So, yes the combat gets better IMO.

Comment

phaze what's your in game name?

- -

Comment

I don't believe the 2 week trial provides enough time to actually get to know it well enough to purchase, the real fun is deeper into space where most noobs don't tend to stray
              |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

I agree 2 weeks isnt enough and i have decided to take up another 3 Months.

I had the day off today so spent some time doing more reading into the game - purchased a new ship and took on a few more missions. It is very addictive and i hope it will draw me in more, as long as it doesn't affect my CSS PCS .

Thanks for all the advice.
                [defense]

Comment

TEGL-PUBLIC

Join it by opening Channels on the left.

You'll find some of us in there to talk to and ask for advice.

Have Fun

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X