Check out some top eve combat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out some top eve combat

This is meant not only for those guys that play eve to have a look at, but also to those wondering what combat in eve can be like.

http://www.eve-radio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1897

Follow the link and then click to watch the live video stream. This is a combat tournament of the alliances in Eve. Each alliance gets 5 ships, one of each ship class size (frigate, destroyer, cruiser, battlecruiser, and battleship). There have been some close fights so far, and some absolute one siders where some better pilots (using better teamwork and tactics) have walked through the other team, not even losing their smallest ship!

Feel free to post any follow up questions here as I'm sure we'll all be too happy to help answer them.

Re: Check out some top eve combat

These are some really great matches. The best of the best of EVE pvp with all the best toys blowing the snot out of each other for fame and glory :).

---

Comment

Shame about the "experts" and commentators. Experts are just regular gamers that happen to be available to do the show and the commentators don't have a clue but just try and make everything such as "he's still fighting" sound exciting...

Some great action though, can learn a lot about the combat side of EVE from these matches.

Comment

It's to bad that more engagements in eve aren't like the tournament. That's part of the fun of eve PVP though, you never know what that ship might have fitted.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85
          Shame about the "experts" and commentators. Experts are just regular gamers that happen to be available to do the show and the commentators don't have a clue but just try and make everything such as "he's still fighting" sound exciting...

Some great action though, can learn a lot about the combat side of EVE from these matches.
          those 'experts' are some of the best pilots in eve. they've been around forever and in the most well known pvp corps. not just regular gamers. not to mention there were some devs on the couch

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
            those 'experts' are some of the best pilots in eve. they've been around forever and in the most well known pvp corps. not just regular gamers. not to mention there were some devs on the couch
            And yet they make such mistakes as calling a Slepnir a faction ship :row__642: .

---

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Penguin
              And yet they make such mistakes as calling a Slepnir a faction ship :row__642: .
              if you're talking about the commentators, they are from eve-radio and i completely agree that there could be better people covering the actual fight.
              Last edited by jack^; 07-19-2006, 03:06 AM.

Comment

One of the experts couldn't setup a tech 1 frigate... that made me laugh... its the only minmatar frigate worth using, if your a expert you should not only know what you fly but what the people you fight fly.

Comment

gotta agree, the other didn't even know the basics of a passive setup. Just because they are top pvp pilots and have been in some famous fights does not make them necessarily experts. They are there to explain to people what's going on, not shoot them.

Comment

all i'm saying is that they arent just joe smoe. they're known people in the community. i didnt see the part about ships and fittings, was it the people on the couch or the people during the fight?

Comment

The people on the couch. The actual fight commentators i thought were woeful to begin with (losing lock, eating whilst commentating, not explaining who was on which side etc) but by the third day I thought they had sharpened up a lot, so all credit to them for that to be honest.

Another thing about the guys on the couch was that they did not know half of the alliances. They missed simple things such as how V vs RA was a real grudge match etc. They seemed to know little more than hearsay about the involved pilots. I don't care how well known you are you gotta do your research if you are asked to present information to the community.

The hosts were worse. No preparation of questions to their experts left them asking some very difficult questions (dream team on the spur of the moment was a crazy thing to assume people to come up with for example). Trying to find questions live on air by looking up questions on email too left some very vacant pauses.

I'm not trying to slag the guys off, kudos to them for getting the whole thing set up and running - I'm sure it was a massive effort. But if you are going to do such a thing as this you need to make sure you have properly prepared and are organised. All they seemed to want to do was fit in as many cock (that's Coalition of Carebear Killers to those that don't know) jokes as possible whilst making numerous references to the free food they were getting. Not great. :(

Comment

I couldn't stand to watch it much. I really hope they get some reviews on the show and improve on it.

- -

Comment

Good idea Vulcan. I think i'll put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, and post one up on the eve forums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X