Hello there...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello there...

Just signed up for the 7 day trial. I haven't played since beta. Just looking around at the moment but may play for while depending on how it goes. ;)
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: Hello there...

why did you get a 7 day trial when you can get a 14 day trial off of TGs website
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Come join us! :) We have a good small core group of guys that play.

Comment

Good question Trooper. ;) No Idea.
        It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

There's no reason not to join the corp right away, even if you're not sure you'll stickwith it. We've got a ton of ships and goodies to get you started. Look up one of our characters in game and we'll get you started.
          New to TG?

Comment

Welcome back Tzefanya, I also played beta way back then and you'll find a lot has changed. We've got a good group of active people in the corp should you decide to stick around there will be plenty to do.

- -

Comment

CCP really needs to think about their trial period, you can't even begin to comprehend the game's potential within a week..
              |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Ok, can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to join the Corp and get started? I completed the tutorial last night and I'm ready to go.

Things have definitely changed a lot since beta, I can't believe how far it's come.

My question is... Since skill training is real time, isn't it impossible for new players (like myself) to ever catch up to veteran players? Kinda daunting if you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tzefanya
                  Ok, can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to join the Corp and get started? I completed the tutorial last night and I'm ready to go.

Things have definitely changed a lot since beta, I can't believe how far it's come.

My question is... Since skill training is real time, isn't it impossible for new players (like myself) to ever catch up to veteran players? Kinda daunting if you think about it.
                  Send a tell to Vulcanlord any of us.

As far as catching...well...kind of depends. If you build your character in a methodical manner, it is possible to exceed someones skill that is trying to be a jack of all trades.
                  If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                  with any questions or concerns.
                  |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

I plan on focusing on Gunnery/Research, probably like a lot of everyone else... ;)

Comment

You'll never catch up in skill point terms but that doesn't mean you can't fly the ships as well, they might be able to fly all sizes and race of ship but if you specialize in one race you can catch up.

Just doing gunnery doesn't work for combat, you need a mix of drones/gunnery/missiles for damage, then Engineering and Electronics to fit and run the ship, shield and/or armour to defend your ship and navigation to fly your ship (some ships rely on speed/agility as defence).

Comment

lol :) I have no idea what I'm doing Preston! Oh well, I'll just train some stuff and see how it goes. Too many different skills to figure out what exact comination I need unless there is a 'character builder' somewhere.

Comment

Join TEGL-Public. Someone is normally in there to help.

Comment

You can use EVEMON
                            http://evemon.evercrest.com/download...l-1.0.25.0.exe

- -

Comment

Actually "catching up" is a bit subjective. You can catch up to older players quite easily depending on ship class. In a tech 2 frigate you can be on even terms with older players with minimal skill. The benifit of age in this game more adaptability. While you can match him in the frigate he can fly a T2 cruiser or battlecruiser or have a covert ops ship and sneak his way past you, etc. Of course when the other guy has 3 times your total SP just in gunnery it doesen't help your chances :).

This program can help you with planning a charachter's skills:
                              http://evemon.evercrest.com/

And this can help you with charachter creation:
                              http://www.wium.net/nw/evetool/

And of course there should always be someone ready to help you in TEGL-Public :).

---

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X