Welcome new recruits!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome new recruits!

Just wanted to take a moment and say welcome to Tacticalgamer!

Be sure to read the SOP, and be sure to ask questions.
    If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
    with any questions or concerns.
    |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Re: Welcome new recruits!

Welcome everyone!

Comment

Hello there! So when does the nub training start? :D

Comment

Okay i have been searching for 2 days to find a girl or two to recruit, im having no luck. Tomorrow imma go up to caldri space and see what i can find. Welcome new recruits
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Got the itch, Trooper? ;) There are Gallentean facilities that can cater to your needs.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

No i just think it would be cool to have a couple thats all, other wise steel is gonna be in charge of decor and entertainment and we dont want that...
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Welcome new players. Be sure to read the general Tactical Gamer SOPs and TeamSpeak conventions. We will begin to conduct training shortly.
              Do or do not, there is no try....
              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Hello!! I've been playing EVE for about 3 weeks now casually. I've been looking for a decent Corp to join that doesn't mind a casual player. I've enjoyed your BF2 servers from time to time ans was surprised to see you've got an EVE following here too. Me personally? I enjoy the laid back contrast EVE gives to the BF2 experience.

I do have one question, is it true your Corp has a 100% tax? If so, why? I'm still quite the noob with EVE, but the few Corps I've looked at were all under 10%.

Cya round!
                "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

10% is the maximum allowable tax in EVE. Our Corp has a 7% tax currenlty, down from 10% a few weeks ago.
                  New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by Banyan
                    I do have one question, is it true your Corp has a 100% tax? If so, why? I'm still quite the noob with EVE, but the few Corps I've looked at were all under 10%.

Cya round!
                    No it's not true lol. The maximum tax a corp can impose on their members is 10%. Ours was recently lowered to around 7% :).

*edit* Squid beat me to it. :row__735:

---

Comment

Originally posted by Banyan

Cya round!
                      Hi Banyan,

TEGL was originally created as a way for TG members to try eve out, so joining will always be open to TG members, even if you are on a trial account. We used to operate as a collective (this is the 100% tax thing you were refering to, although maybe pooled resources is a better description) but this was causing some issues as players got more advanced. We changed the way the corp was structured and now operate in such a way as to still help members out, but not as a complete collective. Members are taxed at 7%, and we help out new members with skill books and basic mods and frigates. From cruisers on up, we sell to members at a greatly reduced rate compared to the market, and help out with things like insurance.

We currently have a bunch of active, experienced players who are more than happy to help out newer players in learning the game. We are in an alliance that has access to 0.0 space, so there is more than enough excitement and plenty to do.

Join Channel TEGL-PUBLIC in game to chat, and see if you'd like to join up.
                      Do or do not, there is no try....
                      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Sounds good GunJunkie. I will be sure to check in soon, maybe even this evening if I can swing it.

I'm an active pool player (play in a couple leagues during the week along with a couple days of practice too) so I don't get to dedicate much time to gaming. But from what I've read here and learned from one of your members, this groups seems to be a very mature group, so hopefully a casual gamer like myself can fit in.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing you guys around space!
                        "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                        EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                        PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

hi,
                          another new recruit here.
                          I see you in EVE...

Comment

Something you'll learn about eve is:

/me sarcasm mode on.
                            1. If its on EVE-O forums its true.
                            2. Those who shout loudest are right.
                            3. Those with the most friends are right just because they say so.
                            4. Being popular on the forums means you win eve.
                            /me sarcasm mode off.

5. Those that shout loudest often don't know how to play so just want to get things changed.
                            6. If you shout hard and long enough at the Dev's they'll do it eventually. (although they are one of the best companys when it comes to direct communication with players).
                            7. Don't rush, you'll only be disappointed by the poor results of not the right skills or at the time it takes.
                            8. The best way to win eve is to have fun and not care.

oh Welcome to TG and TEGL.

p.s.
                            9. Don't argue with me, i'm always right

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85
                              p.s.
                              9. Don't argue with me, i'm always right
                              Thats true. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse