Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input from the new guys

New recruits.

I would like to hear your viewpoints, the good and the bad, on the corporation. I know you have only been in for a few days, but I figure a viewpoint from a fresh set of eyes will help us grow and make necessary changes to ensure future growth.
    If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
    with any questions or concerns.
    |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Re: Input from the new guys

Gief training operations and PvP patrols!
    (And announce them a day or two in advance, so people in weird timezones can plan ahead.)

Well, let me elaborate a bit. It seems to me that there are just about 2 things you can do as a lowbie in EVE: You can watch the timer on your skill training, which gets pretty boring after a day or two, and/or you can grind level 1 missions, which gets boring...almost immediately. I think any diversion the corp could provide would be very much appreciated.
    What about high sec mining for example, teaches basic fleet ops, nice teambuilding exercise and it can be reasonably productive too. Would it be worth setting up a weekly schedule perhaps?

Comment

Johe these are good ideas.

Let me stress that you don't have to wait for ANYONE to do anything for you, schedule an event and make it happen. This game is all about initiative and making things happen.

This is also the public forum and we don't discuss details here :)

- -

Comment

I have nothing to complain about, everyone has been really cool with me and I hope to be of service in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ouija
          New recruits.

I would like to hear your viewpoints, the good and the bad, on the corporation. I know you have only been in for a few days, but I figure a viewpoint from a fresh set of eyes will help us grow and make necessary changes to ensure future growth.
          Well, here is my initial impression of the corporation, I mean no offense in anything I say, I'm just a rather blunt, non-tactful person, especially in online gaming :) So I apologize in advance!

[ Note: If anything I say is too detailed about the Corp, feel free to move/delete/edit my post ;) ]

First of all, I can already tell from the first few days playin with you guys, that you have a very strong core (imo, the basic foundation to any group's longevity), and it's reassuring to me, as a new member, to know that a few months down the road this group of players won't splinter apart :) [Gives me legitimate reasons/incentives to really commit to the guild instead of going at it half-ass] So Kudos on that! However, the ugly side to this is often times it's harder for new members (like me and others) to really break into that circle of trust. Certainly this is not the case here, everyone of you have been extremely helpful (more so then I would have been if the shoes were reversed, ha!) I'm merely pointing out, takin that extra effort to get to know your recruits usually pays dividends down the road. Hey, you did ask for a fresh set of eyes :)

Secondly, and probably much more important as Joe as pointed out, corporation activities! I know I certainly didn't sign up for a massive *multiplayer* online RPG to do missions and travel the universe in single player mode hehe. In general, I think the corp can use a lil boost in this area, since from what I can gather, most of the time ppl solo rat, or do solo aspects of the game. Nothing wrong with it, but you don't really need a corp for that. (Disclaimer: If people are doing group activities, they're not informin the general population of it) Seems like you guys spend the most effort to reel in the recruits, but that effort plummets once they're within the ranks. Now, personally, I'm a power-gamer, so I don't need my hand held, but for the casual gamer or in general, active members, you guys will probably see much better retention rates with increased corp activities.

Third, and finally, the PvP! Now the first point in this post about "makin the effort to get to know your recruits," or the second point about "increased activities," on a personal level, I couldn't care less. You don't need to get to know me, and you don't need to hold special NPC-bashing activities for me. What I do care about, and what I do hope to get from the corporation, is a community/group of players that enjoy the PvP aspects of online gaming and an active pursuit of this arena of entertainment. As Thad will attest to, it was my main concern when joining :) And no, gate camping is not PvP'ing, it's numbing your mind and then pressing a few buttons when something pops up on your screen! Hehe.

P.S. Vulcan, I could not agree with you more about members taking initiative. I've seen many great leaders burn themselves out cause they bore too heavy of a burden in leading a guild. And most of the time it was not due to a lack of delegation, it was due to the members' laziness and lack of initiatives. I've also seen large to small gaming communities die out cause of stagnation due to lack of initiatives from membership. So yes, you will be seeing initiative from me, [sometimes when I shouldn't :) but hey, if you haven't caught on already, I'm pretty damn opinionated] But you will have to give me more than a week hehe. Still learning the game lawl!

- Gob

P.S.P.S. Take everything I've said with a gain of salt. Hey, after all I'm just some random new guy that's been with you guys for what... 5 days? But someone did ask for an assessment, and I didn't want to give a half-ass one. Afterall, I've been online gaming for many years (too long!!!) and while games might change, human nature doesn't ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Godamus
            Well, here is my initial impression of the corporation, I mean no offense in anything I say, I'm just a rather blunt, non-tactful person, especially in online gaming :) So I apologize in advance!
            No sweat mate, honesty is the best policy.

And no, gate camping is not PvP'ing, it's numbing your mind and then pressing a few buttons when something pops up on your screen! Hehe.
            Couldn't agree more, I find gate camping mindnumbingly boring as well. Only one small point with this, however, is that its critical for the general security level in that area for the purpose of allowing other members to do economic things without risk of piracy. Kind of a dirty-job-someones-got-to-do-it scenario. We'll endeavour to get some real pvp patrols running.
            Do or do not, there is no try....
            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

P.S. Vulcan, I could not agree with you more about members taking initiative. I've seen many great leaders burn themselves out cause they bore too heavy of a burden in leading a guild. And most of the time it was not due to a lack of delegation, it was due to the members' laziness and lack of initiatives. I've also seen large to small gaming communities die out cause of stagnation due to lack of initiatives from membership. So yes, you will be seeing initiative from me, [sometimes when I shouldn't :) but hey, if you haven't caught on already, I'm pretty damn opinionated] But you will have to give me more than a week hehe. Still learning the game lawl!
              That's good, more people need to do that. There are fundamental ideas and goals that drive people to make that effort. We have a good basis with TG but it needs people to start making solid plans into particular areas. For instance, the market, mining, hauling, pvp and pve.

Thanks for you opinions, we don't look down on opinionated people at all, so rant on!

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X