Next Skill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Skill?

Here is a list of my current skills. I was hoping to get some advice on where to go with my training next.

Drones 4
    Scout Drone Operation 3

Gunnery 2
    Small Hybrid Turret 2

Mining 4

Leadership 5

Iron Will 2
    Learning 4

Mechanic 3

Afterburner 2
    Navigation 3

Astrogeology 3
    Science 4

Gallente Frigate 4
    Spaceship Command 4

Should I go ahead and go for Spaceship Command 5? Should I pick up new skills? I don't know where to go from this point. My play style is mostly mining and probably would like to get into ship building at some point, although I'm not really set on where I ultimately want to go/do.
    "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
    EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
    PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Re: Next Skill?

First off, get a the learning skills for int, mem, perc and wil to 3 or 4. This seems painful, but its going to be a really big help.

Next I'd suggest Electronics and Engineering to 4, so you can run your ships better.

Drones 5 would give you a big boost, along with Mining Drones and Combat Drone Operation. Once you have Drones 5, get Drone Interfacing and then consider getting Gallente Cruiser and getting into a Vexor.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

i would get some more learning skills and get them all to atleast 3. Then work on Industry and refining. Those will help you get the best money for your minerals. That is just my ideas for next skills they wont take but a couple days to get started then you can always get a destroyer to mine in
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

My goal is to get into a Vexor, but I figured I could get a few other skills up before working on Cruiser since it'll be a while before I can afford to buy the ship itself.

Thanks for the advice guys!
        "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."

Comment

Originally posted by Banyan
          My goal is to get into a Vexor, but I figured I could get a few other skills up before working on Cruiser since it'll be a while before I can afford to buy the ship itself.

Thanks for the advice guys!
          I can help you buy your first Vexor when you have the skills to fly it just tell me when, the skills that gunjunkie recommended are right on.

Comment

I'd appreciate some advice from the peanut gallery, as well. I don't know why I have half of this junk, but...

Anchoring 1

Drones 3
            Mining Drone 2
            Scout Drone 1

Electronic Warfare 2
            Electronics 3
            Electronics Upgrades 1
            Long Range Targeting 1
            Propulsion Jamming 1

Energy Grid 2
            Engineering 3

Gunnery 3
            Small Projectile Turret 2

Industry 3
            Mining 4
            Refining 5

Analytical Mind 4
            Instant Recall 5 (in a few days)
            Learning 5

Hull Upgrades 2
            Mechanic 1
            Repair Systems 1

Missile Launcher 3
            Rockets 1
            Standard Missiles 1

Afterburner 1
            Navigation 2

Astrogeology 3
            Science 4

Destroyers 1
            Minmatar Cruisers 3
            Minmatar Frigate 5
            Minmatar Industrial 3
            Spaceship Command 1

Uruz Rune

Comment

Same advice uruzrune; get the 5 learning skills up to at least 3 if not 4 first.

It's hard to decide what to specialize in when you're new, but try to pick one thing that will make you some money and develop those skills first. Ratting is not very profitable until you can get into low sec and survive, but trade, mining, or comlex and agent running will get you some cash to move forward.

You've got a good foundation for mining and you already have frigate 5 so you might want to focus on Interceptors, Assault Ships, Recon and Covops since you can get into them quicker.

I highly recommend the Evemon program as well as quickfit. These two programs can help you plan the fastest skill route to what you want.

EDIT: None of those skills you have are junk at all. You'll have hundreds of skills before long.
              New to TG?

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm really enjoying mining and the thought of strip mining appeals to me; a short-term goal is to get into at least a Procurer ORE ship. I'm also in love with my fragile little Rifter, and for some reason I really like the way it looks. Another goal is to get into a Wolf.

From there... I'm not sure where to go. :)

Uruz Rune

Comment

Don't go for T2 ships yet with those skills, you'll just be disapointed and skint.

You want t2 guns and level 4 support skills before t2 ships but yes you might as well do T2 frigates since you have frigate 5. Just don't bother doing them yet.

Pick up the supporting gunnery skills, and other skills you can train in navigation, engineering, electronics. It will only take like 15minutes to 1 hour for each skill with not much longer to get them to level 2. Thats very little time for a lot of stuff.

Comment

On average, a Procurer is not worth the investment. You can pull in almost as much ore per minute in a decked out Osprey as you can in a first level barge. The best ship for the casual miner is the Retriever. And a Covetor, with fleet support for protection in valuable areas, is the best investment.
                    In game handle: Steel Scion
                    sigpic

Comment

solid advice already given in the above comments.

A few things I do/did in training (I was aiming for a well rounded char)

I spend a week at at time in a group Eng, Electronics, command, etc...It gave my training focus.

I skipped any skill Lvl that took longer than 5 days. (Till now)

I did not go for a lvl 5 untill I hade All-most the skills I wanted in a group to lvl 4 as of today I have only 2 skills at 5 but a bunch at 4.

I stick with my racial group(caldari). I did not rush into a new ship class.

Planed my training so that I was ALWAYS IN TRAINING.

It worked out pretty well for 6 months or so.

Skogg
                      Sarcoma.

Comment

I've done similar to what Sarcoma said. I tried getting skills up to 3 or 4 in groups, trying to maximize my training time and minimize the idle time. So far it's worked well. I think the limiting factor for me getting into the Vexor is not skills but cash at this point.

Comment

let me know when your ready...ill get your first Vex.. and mods...

Skogg
                          Sarcoma.

Comment

I've jumped back to my homebase to pickup on the missions I abandoned. I'm hoping to find some free time between now and Sunday to run a few, boost my bank acct and be ready to get into a Vexor early next week sometime. Thanks Skogg!

Comment

Now is the time to bite the bullet and start running missions through the corp authorized list. Running agents that degrade our standing will cost us more in office rents, manufacturing fees, broker fees, agent rewards and the standing required for jump clones.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tegl-in...gent-list.html
                              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X