EIB is a scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EIB is a scam

Well the news has just broken that Cally was a scam alt, and the enterprise has collapsed with a reported 790 billion isk stolen. As you can imagine it has sent shockwaves through the markets.

Re: EIB is a scam

damn thats great.....do you think CCP will get involved?

and where can i find this guy to get some cash
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

CCP wont get involved they stay out of this stuff. That is crazy though, I think I might just sell all my stocks now. At least I know ISS is real.

Comment

What is EIB? I'm kinda gathering that it was some sort of corporation that others were investing in? It turned out to be a big scam and the guy running it took off with a bunck of virtual money?

While it would suck to be scammed in-game, that is absolutely awesome that the in-game society is sophisticated enough to allow that!
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

EVE Internal Bank or something like that. It was sold as a stock I beleive they pay dividends for each share you own, but the bank just decided to keep all the ISK.

Comment

wow... i am soo suprised that that isnt considered cheating to the game and grounds for permanent banning...
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Eve Investment Bank.

Basically served the same purpose one would in our world. People invested, and in turn , EIB would invest in prospective opportunities. Turned out at the end, the guy running it got fed up and decided to take the money and run. Doesn't quite equal the pure insideous evil that is GHSC, but certainly the biggest haul in Eve to date.

And yes, Cing is correct, This is the kind of stuff that makes Eve such a great game. Sure it would suck if you got caught, but this is player generated storyline. The fallout from this will touch a lot of aspects of the game world.
              Do or do not, there is no try....
              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Just for reference, the only type of Real Money Trading CCP allow is the selling of Gate Time Codes (Prepaid cards) for ISK (in game currency).

Based on that standard (currently, 360 mil ISK for a 100 day card @ $50):

This 790 bil ISK haul is worth +/- 2195 100 day time cards or...

$109722

Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Yeah I think someone worked it out that he would be able to pay for enough time codes to keep himself and 9 mates playing for 50 years!

CCP make it quite clear that scams are a part of the game, and they will not get involved in any way. In fact in the player guide they make it very clear that you should never trust anyone. It's not considered cheating as he did not take the money (this would require hacking or a game bug). These people gave him their money of their own free will because they believed they would make a profit on it. I'm glad for this really as it adds a lot of flavour to the game.

Corporations set up in Eve much like in real life. You make a business plan that will involve needeing to raise an amount of capital to earn a profit. People then invest for a dividend. Go to http://eve.hubau.be/ to look at the Eve Galactic Stock Exchange where you can buy and sell shares in corporations. Most are very well run, but you never know when one is a scam.

Really it's hard to put this all into a single post as it has involved a winding story line over the past 3 months with many many people having got involved. Funnily enough the one person that really shouted out that this was a scam was ignored because he ran his own scam just prior to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn View Post
                    Funnily enough the one person that really shouted out that this was a scam was ignored because he ran his own scam just prior to this!
                    If anyone would know he would. That is pretty comical though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X