Newb Charity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Charity

I found myself buying a couple of frigates for Newbs last night, as a charitable donation.... has anyone else done this?
    edit for clarification: these were Empire Newbs, not associated with a corp, etc...just random peoplein Rookie systems.

Do you think it's a kind gesture, or should all players go through the lowly initial routines and struggle to get by? (right of passage in a way..)

Discuss! :P
    Last edited by Syn; 08-30-2006, 12:05 PM.
    |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Re: Newb Charity

Don't we have several hangars set aside for this very purpose? Or have we been lax in keeping those stocked?
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

i edited my post to better clarify, empire rookies, not in the TEGL corp
      |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Ah. Well, I dunno. I bought my first frigate (a wobbly little Probe) myself and earned my first 100k through mining. But then that was way back before strip miners and the newer mission system and all that. Most of my initial skillbooks and my next few frigs came from my first corp's library. After that I had the tools to supply my own hauler and cruiser.

I think it's general practice that most newbs that become long-term players do so with a leg up from friends. The resource curve is just so steep that it costs laughably little for a veteran to supply a newbie with significant assets.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

Although that first library was largely funded by some random guy giving sabre6 100m isk (and him passing it on to the corp). That guy helped a lot of us out.

Comment

I drop a lot of ISK on newbs. about 10 mil in the last few weeks. It sucks to have to drudge thru all that newb stuff alone and broke. Its a lot eiaser to learn to play when you can afford to loose your first few frigs and not have to replace them yourself thru mining in the rookie ship.
            Sarcoma.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X