Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing with the idea of getting involved.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with the idea of getting involved.

Hey, all.

I have been aware of the existence of Eve for a couple of years, but never got around trying it out. In order to help me make a decision, I would wish to ask a couple of questions regarding aquiring an account.

Ive seen the link which lead to the 14-days free trail-account. I assume that I have download the game (~ 500MB) from the Eve-site, then sign up for the 14-days trial, then I will be able to try the thing out and see for myself what it is all about without having to hand over creditcard numbers etc [ie free of charge], correct?

What I am a bit worried about, and I have not really been able to find a clear cut answer, is if the client-download in itself is free?

If I do this trial, and after 14 days feel like continueing, I assume that I only have to pay for the subscription and continue on with the same account?

Based on your experiences, will 14 days be enough to get a fair idea of what it is all about [assuming that I am not a raging lunatic, that is]?

Thank you in advance!
    sigpic
    The Royal Lifeguards

Re: Playing with the idea of getting involved.

to answer all your questions with yes. Cleint is free to download and try out for for the 14 days, then its just 20bucks to activate your trail account. Those 14 days you will be over welmed with all the stuff this game offers but TEGL(tgs corp) will do everything we can to help ease its aw-ness.

Its an amazing game that is only enhanced by TGs ways and players. Give it a try and jump in our TEGL-public channel or better yet give me your character name and i can get you in the channel.

My ingame name is Magmorel
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Sounds great. I will definately sign up for it then. How ever, I will try to coordinate when I sign up [preferebly at the start of a weekend when I have an open schedule.

I will inform you, send a message or such when I venture out into the universe.

Thank you for your help & answers!
      sigpic
      The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Sweetness. We need new membes and i would encourage anyone who reads this to try it out for 14 days and see what a real MMO should be about. Believe me this is no WOW.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

you'll need more than 14 days but i never invest in a game without trying it out first!

- -

Comment

Well, I can just as well try to get started right away. Are currently downloading the client-file.

I will see if I can not come in contact with you. I will also leave my carachter-name as soon as those things are sorted out.

Thanks for the help guys.
            sigpic
            The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

After you build your first character you may find that you have not made the optimal choices. Don't be afraid of starting over with a second character if you find yourself a little gimped on your first try. Happens to most of us.

Perception and Intelligence are your first priorities in attribute selection. After that, Willpower and Memory. The goal is to reduce skill training time so that over the life of the character you advance as fast as possible.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Ok, got the thing downloaded now and have set up an account. Currently going trough the Tutorial, and I can already detect that the game is truly massive.

I played around with Imperium Galactica II for a couple of years ago, but that is seriously nothing compared to what EVE appears to be. :o

My ingame handle is Metatrone.
                sigpic
                The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Metatron(e)...hmm...one of the seraphim and the most powerfull of all of gods angels. I like the mythology.

Sarcoma or Skogg in the EVE universe.
                  Sarcoma.

Comment

You´re actually the first one who has ever pointed that out/known of the name, and I have used that name for some 4-5 years in online gaming and communities. Cool. :)
                    sigpic
                    The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Welcome aboard Steiner. Be sure to follow Steelers advice and train your learning skills off the bat. The game can be monotonous at low skill levels...but i guess really starts to get good when you start doing things for the corp and PVP. I'm really new myself, so if you need someone to pal around with, let me know. (Thulsa Doom)
                      Dirt013

Comment

Thank you, Dirt.

I intend to complete the tutorial this evening, and then venture out to have a look around. I will see if I can not come in contact with you guys.
                        sigpic
                        The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

I can't get on the server...can you???
                          Dirt013

Comment

Nope, cant even get on to the EVE-website.

Kind of annoying since I am at work and were intending to read up on as much available information and advice that can be found. :/
                            sigpic
                            The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

I'm getting screwed, was on messing around so was training up low skills...now going to miss out on quite a few hours of training Frig 4. Knew it was going to be down today, but didn't get a warning before it shut on me. It's unusual though, and this was scheduled down time from what i have heard.
                              Dirt013

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X