• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanfest Reports

http://razorwire.warcry.com/news/vie...on-CMO-for-CCP

http://razorwire.warcry.com/news/vie...-require-Vista

http://razorwire.warcry.com/news/vie...nal-Day-Report

Razor: Tell me about Warp to 0 km.

Magnus: It's coming. We will remove any bookmark you personally have that is within 40 km of a celestial object, because you no longer need them. Bookmarks are a major problem, the are the cause of a lot of the lag that you experience. There is an incredible amount of bookmark copying taking place in the game, and the stress it puts on the database is enormous. It's more stressful than any other single activity in the game. We will also put a limit on the number of bookmarks that a person can have in the game.

Bye Bye BM's!

Re: Fanfest Reports

SWEET!...November 28th is kali
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Thats if IBM comes through with the new hardware.

Comment

sniping bms are gona be a bitch
        as are all the places where my cans were
        The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?

Comment

Well they aren't going to remove all so you should be fine. Just so the BM's aren't with in 40km of a celestial item.

Comment

So, will you be able to warp directly to a gate now? Or are we screwed as far as fast travel goes? Bookmarks are so damn useful for mining and other mundane things, it'll be really frustrating to have to warp and pray when going to a pickup site.
            In game handle: Steel Scion
            sigpic

Comment

Their will be a warp to 0km instead of 15km when going to any gate. So you wont need BM's for any reason and they are going to remove them from your people/places. I am not sure how belts will work. Could it be tested on the test server.

Comment

By remove them he means the insta jump BM's. It took them a long time to buckle! I imagine most of the veteran player base will not be happy about this change.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                  By remove them he means the insta jump BM's. It took them a long time to buckle! I imagine most of the veteran player base will not be happy about this change.
                  The change to restrict bookmark copying was a slap in the face to newer players who didn't have massive sets of instas before the change.

Good riddance to bad game mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                    Actually it's mostly being praised.

Only people who are complaining like babies are the pirates (mostly pirate coalition) who complain they won't be able to kill so many people since everyone will now have "insta's".... basically they mean they can't gate camp noobs who don't have/know about bm's yet.

Of course they could still catch you when your on the other side of the gate but nah, they don't put the benifits of less lag over there own needs of ganking noobs.

Oh and Autopilot will still use warp to 15km I believe so can still kill the afk fools who go through 0.0/low sec with it.

Comment

erm... correction preston. the crappy pirates :p. You know the ones who think sitting 150km off a gate and popping haulers is pirating (and yes i'm lookin at you PC lol)

I'm ecstatic over warp to 0 b/c now i won't have to buy instas anymore! And having autopilot still use warp to 15 is perfect. <3 you CCP

---

Comment

Indeed, it's not all of PC of course, like most alliances they have some real tards then they have some good peeps, the ones in Amamake just blob ya, no chance of a fair fight or 1v1 with them. I actually pirated with one of them over in the west the other week, both drunk as anything never met before, 3 lines of text in a convo and we were in gang and shooting a Pest who was being a prat in local.

Ive been holding off buying BM's for the regions I live in now, only a month or so and will get them for nothing, YEY!!

Comment

Defintely a good move! This combined with the new gang mechanism will place a lot more emphasis on tactics i think, instead of (as was pointed out) the "I'm going to get a ship that can hit at 150km, align to a ss and snipe people at a gate".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X