Mcrew Kills its first capital ship!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcrew Kills its first capital ship!

Please can eveyone join me in congratulating the mcrew on killing thier first capital ship. Everyone has worked amazingly hard over this contract and this just tops it off. I am honoured to fly with you guys. o7

i will post more details later on.
    sigpic

Re: Mcrew Kills its first capital ship!

no pics or KM doesnt count...forum rules.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

don't see those rules trooper, care to link?

Comment

suck......i think apo just deleted them.

geez wulfyn way to ruin a joke....you gonna be in game anytime soon? I have an alt id like to join up.
        -Vulcan

Comment

At 19:05 today, the Maelstrom Crew participated in an operation which saw its second capital kill. This time the head of The Core Collective alliance, Big Fish lost his Moros class dreadnought, and was podded.

The Antigo Dominion campaign efficiency has now risen to over 90%

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn View Post
            At 19:05 today, the Maelstrom Crew participated in an operation which saw its second capital kill. This time the head of The Core Collective alliance, Big Fish lost his Moros class dreadnought, and was podded.

The Antigo Dominion campaign efficiency has now risen to over 90%
            Congrats? Any chance of translating this into English so we understand what you're saying? :)
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Basically we killed something really really big and expensive that the big cheese of our current target owned and our kill:death ratio is now about 9:1. Oh and he also lost the little pineapple that holds his body in space =p

---

Comment

Capital class ships in Eve (Carriers and Dreadnaughts) are massive, expensive siege engines. They require months of training (real time) and billions of ISK (in game currency) to field. Depending on your resources in game, the collection of the money needed to purchase the hull and equipment to fit it out with can also take months. Maelstrom Crew, which is a TG affiliated mercenary corporation, currently part of a larger alliance of mercenaries (The Cartel.) successfully engaged and destroyed two of these over the past two days, alongside our alliance.

This has destroyed a significant part of our contracted enemies power in the area of operations, and has likely set them back months. Our alliance has achieved a better than 9-1 disparity in the amount of damage caused to the amount taken.

We also shot his pod. In Eve, the pilot lives inside a pod of mnemnotic fluid, that communicates his thoughts to his ship. You can think of it as a fancy cybernetic interface. Once his ship is destroyed, his pod is ejected into space. This was engaged and destroyed too. Effectively, we killed him. Now in Eve, he just woke up in a fresh clone, like a respawn, but he may have had implants in the body we just killed (we have no way of knowing). These implants are used to boost stats in-game, and, depending on what they were, could have cost anywhere from several hundred million to several billion.
                Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

good job guys.

When I was in the British Space Corpporation I was contemplating training for a Minmatar Dreadnought, just because they looked so cool, but I my main 'runaround' was going to be a Jaguar Assault Frigate (I mean c'mon, I was in the British Space Corp, had to have a Jag) as they are nowhere near as much to buy, outfit and run.

I'm trying to give the MMOs a bit of a rest though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhoed View Post
                    good job guys.

When I was in the British Space Corpporation I was contemplating training for a Minmatar Dreadnought, just because they looked so cool, but I my main 'runaround' was going to be a Jaguar Assault Frigate (I mean c'mon, I was in the British Space Corp, had to have a Jag) as they are nowhere near as much to buy, outfit and run.

I'm trying to give the MMOs a bit of a rest though.

Why? Jump back in and join up with mcrew...
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Your life only has meaning in terms of arbitrary fictional numbers stored on someone else's computer at your own expense. Join up!
                      In game handle: Steel Scion
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
                        Capital class ships in Eve (Carriers and Dreadnaughts) are massive, expensive siege engines. They require months of training (real time) and billions of ISK (in game currency) to field. Depending on your resources in game, the collection of the money needed to purchase the hull and equipment to fit it out with can also take months. Maelstrom Crew, which is a TG affiliated mercenary corporation, currently part of a larger alliance of mercenaries (The Cartel.) successfully engaged and destroyed two of these over the past two days, alongside our alliance.

This has destroyed a significant part of our contracted enemies power in the area of operations, and has likely set them back months. Our alliance has achieved a better than 9-1 disparity in the amount of damage caused to the amount taken.

We also shot his pod. In Eve, the pilot lives inside a pod of mnemnotic fluid, that communicates his thoughts to his ship. You can think of it as a fancy cybernetic interface. Once his ship is destroyed, his pod is ejected into space. This was engaged and destroyed too. Effectively, we killed him. Now in Eve, he just woke up in a fresh clone, like a respawn, but he may have had implants in the body we just killed (we have no way of knowing). These implants are used to boost stats in-game, and, depending on what they were, could have cost anywhere from several hundred million to several billion.
                        Wow, sounds like you guys kicked some major ass. This operation seemed Big Time.

How pissed was this guy when his ship died after he/she worked on if for so long?

Is the game 24/7 live, or do you play at certain times. Meaning, could you assault a ship while the RL owner is sleeping in his PJs under his parents roof and then wake up to find their ship destroyed?

Congrates

and

Well done.
                        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

EVE is like any other MMO in that you are only vulnerable when you are online (or in those awkward login-logout moments), and then only when you are in open space. You cannot harm a ship when it is docked in a normal station or once the pilot has quit the game.

There is a very rare possibility that a capital ship pilot might eject from his ship while within the defense shield of his private station, which is out in open space. If the station were then attacked and destroyed, one could then attack or even steal the unattended ship. But that is an unlikely (and extremely foolish) scenario.
                          In game handle: Steel Scion
                          sigpic

Comment

Seen it happen before steeler lol *cough* IO lost that carrier *cough*.

---

Comment

IO lost a Minmatar carrier, these guys lost a Gallente one...

We all know how that goes...

:row__523:
                              Do or do not, there is no try....
                              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed