Been wondering if I should reactivate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been wondering if I should reactivate

I started a free trial (and played the game for a month or 2) last year, and was semi-unimpressed. Mostly because the only contact I had with the corp I had was through the chat channel (I saw perhaps 1 ship out of the 50, and I was operating in our sectors..) and they started a war 2 weeks in and was frequently told not to leave port for a few hours until they could secure the sectors (the other corp was podding everyone). That and it seemed that the PvP aspect was completely out of control when i joined as people were killing anyone as soon as they could look at them, even in higher sec space.

I'm just not a very PvP oriented person, more of a behind the scenes guild supply/manufacturing person and i suppose my first char shows this as it was a Gallente scientist. I'm more comfortable mining or transferring things, or as a support character in a party than a frontline person.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Re: Been wondering if I should reactivate

TEGL would be the place for you. Thats basically all it does is build and supply. if you do re-up join "Tactical_gamer" channel
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I hope so. I've been in the TG wow guild for over a year now and have yet to party or even see most people, almost all of the posts in the forums are for people 65+ as is all of the guild chat, etc. It's like, I didn't sign up for a multiplayer game and ESPECIALLY a TG guild to run pick up games and solo my way for over 6 months before i get to join the rest of the guys. Thats where a lot of my frustration comes in, especially when in the FPS sectors of TG (the old Red Orchestra, Dystopia (i was in DysFunctional a long while ago) BF2 tacmod and PR, everyone's more of an immediate "i'l teach you what i know" and "i'l watch you're back and we'l have fun" kind of mode.)

DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

if you jump in right now we can get you going on where you need to be. im on right now
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Re-upped and jumped on. and yeah, wow, i suppose i do have a crappy character. (haven't played since Red Moon Rising.)

I had rolled a gallente scientist with 14 int, 12 charisma. decent perception but things like willpower at 4. My gunship tristan had since been subsumed by my old corp but i still have my Imicus mining ship (2 excavation pulse lasers, 200mm nanoarmor, cargo expansion, survey scanner, 4 acolyte drones) and about 4 million isk.

In rerolling should i look for someone with more memory, willpower, and perception? How would this affect something like an electronics warfare ship or a miner/hauler? It's been at almost a year since i played.

Comment

Personally i would just try to balance attributes the best you can giving a slight edge to perception and intelligence. Usually one of those two will be the primary attribute that affects how long it takes for something to train. Balance is better than min maxing here, especially if you plan on playing for a good amount of time, you never know what areas you might want to explore skill wise.

That said, for a balanced industrial character i would go for attribute priorities like this, int > per > mem > will > char.

---

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X