Coming out of the cargo hold..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming out of the cargo hold..

Yes, everyone, I'm coming out of the cargo hold. I'm done trying to hide it from everyone, being afraid of being judged by friends who still hold true to the traditional MMORPGs... I'm an EVE player, okay? But I'm not much an addict anymore. In fact, the main reason I log in nowadays is to train skills.

The old corporation I used to help run is gone now, and since my ability to fund my MMO playing is becoming questionable of late, I'm debating whether I should cancel my account or make an attempt to start playing again and make this investment more worth my while. What is it that TG does in EVE, anyhow? Any information about the community and also what has changed in EVE in the past, say, 6 months?

Should I cancel or try to get in on the community we have going there?
    |TG-Irr| Icefoxen
    - Exercising more to deal with the plateau. (-72 lbs)
    ^,,^
    <->

Re: Coming out of the cargo hold..

TEGL which is the corp TG started does indy and isk making stuff. Mcrew which is a merc corp that a TEGL member has started is basicaly where all of us are. Jump in game and join the Tactical_gamer channel.

The merc corp is pretty active and we have alot of fun. We will gladly help you in anyway we can.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

TEGL is good for industry/manufacture/trading. We don't really mine or anything like that. We have a lot of assets and can really help jump start a good industry career but are rather small and there is spotty activity, as in, setting trade orders and building stuff doesn't really take that much time.

MCREW is a military unit. We work together in high pressure situations daily. There is not much of a requirement other than being a good team player and the ability to follow orders and accept training. Its much, much more active, so if you are looking to re-vitalize eve for yourself. This is the one I would suggest.

As far as what has changed, well... 0.0 is a big capital playground with a very large ongoing war. Almost every major faction is involved. Empire has become a bit more dangerous but life goes on. A large patch bringing some cool new stuff is coming soon.

What does your character do?
      Do or do not, there is no try....
      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

I've been thinking of reactivating my acct as well. Mostly would be stuck in TEGL as I don't know that I have alot of time to devote to playing and I dunno that I can offer much in the way of ships vs. capitals! :)

You may see Jintu back in the game this weekend.
        "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
        EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
        PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Originally posted by Banyan View Post
          Mostly would be stuck in TEGL as I don't know that I have alot of time to devote to playing and I dunno that I can offer much in the way of ships vs. capitals! :)
          Well it all depends on what you wanna do really, if your more into the industrial side of eve join TEGL, but if you wanna try out pvp get on the mcrew bandwagon.

And dont worry on not being able to take on Caps, tbh (and this is my personal opinion) a new player can have a hell of a time tackling for the slow-moving damage dealers.

Just picture yourself hurtling towards a big battleship or Capital, hoping he wont see you and be more concentrated on the big guys in the gang and tackling the big brute so he cant go nowhere.

Its fast, its furious, its fun, its an adrenaline rush, its suicide......and all that for less then one week of traning!
          sigpic

Comment

What would be a good tackling ship (Gallente)?
            "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
            EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
            PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

incursus for t1 frig. taranis with railguns if you want to train for inties. though to be honest if you're gonna stick with t1 its probably better to just train for a rifter. they're ALOT better.

---

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X