O.K...I give in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.K...I give in

In my quest for the ultimate space sim experience...I've decided to take the plunge and see what all the fuss is about.

I've recently tried Freespace Open and, although an incredible effort to turn it into a modern game, just didn't have the chutzpa I was looking for. I needed something more than constant dodging/shooting. (as an aside...all you Freespace buffs out there have got to try the Battlestar Mod "Beyond the Red Line"....unbelievable!)

Eve online looks pretty amazing. A quick search on YouTube shows lots of videos with pretty colors and flashy/blinky things...but all are geared toward PvP combat. Believe it or not, all the fuss about Eve admins tampering with favoritism, etc actually intrigued me...especially that story about the guy who embezzled all that in-game cash from his banking clients. Simply amazing!

Well, just wanted to get a shout out to all you folks. I'll be spending some time learning the ropes over the next few days. Obviously, I'll be time sharing between this and Armed Assault, but hopefully I can catch someone on during Euro-friendly times.

I think, initially, I'll try some exploring...easy money kind of stuff...then maybe I can tag up with someone to show me the combat ropes.
    |TG| HOUDINI

Re: O.K...I give in

awesome..join the Tactical_gamer channel or hit me up on xfire or aim. We will do all we can to get you sucked into our world. Beleive me eve is more then pvp. It takes alot of politics, religion and trust to actually make the Eve verse work. you can do anything from RP to pirate to merc to industrial mineing. So many options that you are only limited by your time to play

TG does have a 14 day trial so lets go.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Thanks to nickhastapee, Inara Tam, and Trooper for helping the uber-newb out tonight.

Very steep learning curve! Looks like alot of fun though.
      |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Originally posted by houdini View Post
        Thanks to nickhastapee, Inara Tam, and Trooper for helping the uber-newb out tonight.

Very steep learning curve! Looks like alot of fun though.
        its a deep game, but oh so fun.

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee View Post
          its a deep game, but oh so fun.
          It is even better with a good group of people, especially people from TG. Everyone seems to have fun and are always their to help each other out if at all possible.

The game is deep, really deep. I have been playing for awhile now and I dont know 1/2 of what is going on.

Comment

doesn't show.

;)

Comment

what you thinking so far? you likeing the game, gonna keep playing?
              -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah...having fun getting spun up. The terminology is a little daunting though. Still working my skills so I can operate a proper ship, so hopefully I can start playing as a team member.

You guys do any training sessions? Right now, given all the different configurations, I'm a little overwhelmed with the basics of choosing the right load out, etc.

I'm back in town, BTW, so expect to see me online tonight asking more stupid questions.
                |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

houdini we like to help new players so dont feel like you are asking stupid ones. If you need some training in something ask and we will see what we can put together. Give it a few more days and it will all just click and you will be talking like us.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

If you have propulsion jamming 1 you can pretty much run with us and tackle targets. there's no lower limit to being effective in pvp just takes player skill and learning to use what you have properly in terms of sp and isk and the best way to do that is just get in a t1 frig and pew pew till you find out what works. Of course having more experienced guys helping you along the way helps alot too :).

---

Comment

I played Eve for about 6 months, last time I played was mid year '06. And have been thinking of trying it again. I had a lot of fun, but lacked the time to play.

When I get set back up I'll try to join the Tactical_Gamer channel and see if I can catch up with you fellas. By the time I get home the client files should be dl'd and ready to install.
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X