Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve-online Makes NYtimes news

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/07/ar...in&oref=slogin

Really a cool read, and really does a good job of describing eve. If you havent tried this MMO i highly recommend you give it a try.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Eve-online Makes NYtimes news

New York Times raves: "Eve Online is more intense than World of Warcraft! lololol!!!1ones11noob"

Comment

I was just about to make a post about this. Seems really interesting. We need to start a campaign for someone.

Comment

Wow, that was a cool article. Makes me almost want to play EVE ;)
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I noticed on the website that "100 game days" cost $49.95. How do they count the "100 game days"? And do I need to buy game days in order to play?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

No, thats a time code for 100 days of subscription, you have the option of buying larger or shorter increments of subscription with a credit card straight on the account portion of the eve website. It's pretty much like any MMO.

They would count it as 100 real time days, so roughly 3 months.
            Do or do not, there is no try....
            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Note that in Eve, training happens in real time, even when you're logged out, so you don't pay a "penalty" for not playing. I just saw the Eve guys on the MA forum talking about this week's 24 hour update that will take the game offline. The recommendation was to set up some kind of long training to get something out of the off-time.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

So then can ingame money go towards paying for extentions on the subscription?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  So then can ingame money go towards paying for extentions on the subscription?
                  Yeah you can pay with ingame money but it generally takes a little while to be able to earn the 200mil or so/month you need to buy gtcs (game time cards). Once you can earn that kinda money its fairly easy just takes one or two days of work.

---

Comment

Okay, great. I'll consider EVE in the future then. :)
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                      Note that in Eve, training happens in real time, even when you're logged out, so you don't pay a "penalty" for not playing. I just saw the Eve guys on the MA forum talking about this week's 24 hour update that will take the game offline. The recommendation was to set up some kind of long training to get something out of the off-time.
                      HA! I remember when 24 hour updates made me mad because I didnt have any skills that took more than 24 hours to train. Now 24 hours is like 1/50th of what I need for just one skill.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X