Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maelstrom Crew vs Rough Necks Alliance (25-Jun 21:50-22:14)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maelstrom Crew vs Rough Necks Alliance (25-Jun 21:50-22:14)

It was a good fight tonight. We knew we were outnumbered and we knew that Rough Necks alliance had at least one carrier on standby, but decided to attack anyway.

We proceeded into their territory with a small fleet of 8 Battleships and 5 Battlecruisers, and sat on either gate, waiting for RAGE to assemble their fleet. We knew that they knew we were coming, and around an hour later RAGE had assembled a force to counter us.

We split the fleet evenly in Egmar, with one half sitting on the Orfrold gate and the other on the Taff gate. Finally our scouts reported an incoming fleet from Taff so the Orf gate team warped their and we proceeded to attack as they enemy jumped in.

Right away we were outnumbered with RAGE forces numbering around 20. Despite this we stuck to our task and began eliminating the enemy ships. Honours were reasonably even in the first 2 minutes as we destroyed 3 Battleships and a Battlecruiser for the loss of 2 Battleships, as our support fleet set about destroying the massess of Einherji Fighters that the RAGE fleet had been assigned whilst our Battleships shot at their ships. Due to heavy fighter presence we lost our 3rd Battleship a minute later.

Then came a period of 7 minutes whereby the Maelstrom Crew fleet did not lose a single ship, and in that time downed a Rohk and 7 enemy Battlecruisers. With the enemy fighters destroyed this effectively wiped out the Rough Necks' first wave; most of their ships sitting at range, unprepared to get close to us.

Shortly after the second wave hit, at around 21:55 the enemy fleet was reinforced by more fighters (I assume that killer chick, the nidhoggur pilot, had warped to the station to get more). Combined with the second wave their ability to damage us grew and we started to lose more ships. Unfortunately at this point lag started to hit us, and that's not a good situation when you have fighters roaming around. Having just finished off a Megathron we decided to deagress and leave the field as their 3rd wave hit.

Rough Necks claimed that they won because they held the field at the end of the battle. Maybe they are right, but if so it was a phyrric victory. We accumulated 1.2bn isk worth of damage in that fight for the loss of 0.6bn isk, moving our campaign efficiency from 69% to 67%. Furthermore we estimated that between 20 and 25 Einherji Fighters were destroyed in the combat, at a rough market value of 450m isk (no doubt killer chick will firmy deny this).

Current campaign damage has risen to 3.6bn isk.

Re: Maelstrom Crew vs Rough Necks Alliance (25-Jun 21:50-22:14)

Gonna have to say the most fun i have had in Eve. By the time the FC was calling primarys they where down, next! Coms couldnt have been any better, we had a job to do and we all preformed it to the T.

Awesome job guys.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Wow, great AAR.

So how does one go about joining you guys? I just recently re-activated after a long hiatus. I left EVE last last year when the servers were having all the technical difficulties. After losing 2 ships due to lag and server resets and no response to any petitions, I cancelled my account.

That said, I am pretty green, with 2.3 mil sp's, with about 30% of that in learning skills. (currently working towards assault ships-part way through caldari frig 5)

I idle in the open tg channel in EVE, name is Gliavar. I asked about joining, I answered some follow-up questions...and then everyone in the channel left. Probably bad timing on my part.

So where do I go from here?

As of right now I am just trying to get my skills up to par while re-gaining my Caldari faction. (old corp was TSO and did all my missions for Republic Fleet)

My intention is to PVP, but with my lack of; trained skills, pvp skills, isk and ships it is probably not a good idea atm. Also in need of some good old fashioned mentoring to get me into shape.

I also have an alt(second acct) she is primarily a hauler/miner atm. Training towards a mining barge, so I can mine on my second pc while doing missions on my main.

Thanks in advance!
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah you join up just as we where getting set to own. Jump in the Mcrew-pub channel and you can chat with more mcrew members. As far as training and isk goes, we will help get you going. For caldari train missles and Sheild skills.

Was it mingmong who was the other one. Stinkin toxin.
        -Vulcan

Comment

WOW! Sounds like you guys have a nice little war going. Good to see TG guys able to flex their muscle! I sure wish I had the time to get back into this game however, it just isn't possible. Its been nearly a year since I left EVE and the withdrawls still haven't completely gone away. Anyway, good to see you guys doing well!
          Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet "101st Airborne Division(AirAssault)"

Comment

COME BACK!!!!!

We miss you :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              Was it mingmong who was the other one. Stinkin toxin.
              _

Good job, guys. Did you have any EW?

EDIT - And a 1:2 loss ratio is a victory, regardless of what RAGE say. This was a straight up battle - how much you killed and how much you lost are the only factors that determine who "wins".

Comment

We had EW but it went down quick, so they both warped out and got damage dealers. I had some Light ecm drones going from target to target, i know they pissed off a couple people.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Sadly, the battle occurred while I was being a wageslave, so I couldn't bring my Falcon to bear. Thats normally pretty effective, even after the nerf.
                  Do or do not, there is no try....
                  -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

I was one of the people who didn't lost any ships. My Drake is a hero. :D
                    sigpic

In the end we are all dead men. Sadly we can not chose how, but ... we can decide how we meet that end in order that we are remembered as men.

Comment

Originally posted by Miezu View Post
                      I was one of the people who didn't lost any ships. My Drake is a hero. :D

same here, i started to take damage at teh end with lag was killer. I dint relize it until i had warped out that i was missing some shields.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...