Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

A couple of you know me from in-game (i think) but i wanted to know when you get higher in skills, get better ships, get better equipment, what is there to do besides PVP? im new-ish so i dont know much about PVPing itself yet. i just wanna know before i buy it and find out its like wow where theres nothing to do at higher levels.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Hello

EVE is a PVP game plain and simple. Everything worth doing in game is PVP in some form or another be it in ships or building things or on the market and the PVE is essentially around to support the PVP. There is no maximum level or "endgame" for a char. There are always new ships to train for, new skills to get, new things to try. It's been said that it would take about 20 years for a single character to get every skill in the game, thereby being able to do/fly/build anything and that's assuming no more skills are added (which wouldn't happen, new stuff is added all the time).

Best thing i can reccomend if you want to try things out is to get the free trial, get a minmatar character (they can start with decent pvp skills if you pick the right starting skills so you can jump right in) and just get into the mix, be it pirating or joining up with MCREW while we're on contract. Should give you a decent feel for whether or not EVE is really for you, or EVE PVP combat rather. We don't do much of the industrial stuff :p.

---

Comment

Indeed, the big thing about eve is that theres no "levels" like there are in traditional MMO's like WoW. You train skills for a diverse field of things. You can train a character up so that he/she's fully equipped to do mining, fighting and hauling. You can train up a R&D character who also serves as a suicide cynosural field fighter. The bottom line is that there are literally endless ways to set up a character. Being new in this game doesnt mean that you have to go around hunting low level pirate NPCs and such. You can hop into the fray with some good PVP action in less than a few hours. The biggest tricky part is that EVE is one of those games where you have to figure out how to have fun. Some people prefer missions, some PVP, some mining, etc, ad nauseam. But once you find your niche, you'll love it.

Comment

Yep, I'm thinking about jumping back in again. It's been 18 months or so and I'm getting curious about it again..
        sigpic

Comment

its great once you find an awesome corp (sry for me not joining TEGL tho =/)
          I found a great corp (makers werent newbies but others he invted (me included) were) and we all help with missions/lend money/offer help and that, then just recently (2 days ago) we joined an alliance, now our corp along many others own the space, we fly around in 0.0 sec areas owning Battleships and stuff. its so fun =D
          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

OK, So I've sequestered myself for 2-days and EVE has been a lot of fun.. more fun than I remember.

I've got a Minmatar Sebiestor with an SF military background. I am working on all the basics right now- filling in the gaps. The PoE stuff has been much more lucrative than I remember.
            sigpic

Comment

a little tip, level up your learning skill, and the other skills in learning to like, 3 or even 4, it lowers your training time by alot! and whats your in-game name, ill send u 2 mill to you can buy implants, they'll take about a day off training high lvl things.

Comment

Dont even worry about paying back or not wanting me to give it, my corp literaly hands out millions when we need it, our 'corp funds' for helping each other out in money needs is up to about 80 mill. and climbing =D

Comment

Heh.. cool! I forgot about the 'Learning' Skill, thanks for the reminder.

Eve name is Thorgaard OHern
                  sigpic

Comment

If you ever need any help join TACTICAL_GAMER and mcrew-pub channels. We will be glad to answer any questions you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                      If you ever need any help join TACTICAL_GAMER and mcrew-pub channels. We will be glad to answer any questions you have.
                      Thanks Turbo.. I will. I haven't activated the voice chat thing yet.

Does it work well? It's new since that last time I was in EVE.
                      sigpic

Comment

nobody really uses it. at least MCREW doesen't. we just stick to TG TS.

---

Comment

Those are just channels in game that you can join. Like Steel said we use teamspeak to talk.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X