Thrasher fit-out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrasher fit-out

I'm fitting out my Thrasher for some fun. Thought it looked pretty good to me, but I thought I would see what some experts thought.

I'm just getting to where I can fit some rigs in the upgrade points - maybe by tomorrow, I am in the process of getting Gunnery 5 and want to let that [finally] finish.

The Turrets are :
    4x 200mm AutoCannon 1
    3x 200mm AutoCannon 2

Missle Bay:
    1x TE2100 Standard missile bay
    [Seeker F.O.F. light missile 1]

Lower energy points are:
    Shield Recharger 1
    Medium Shield Booster 2
    Small F-4A LD Sulfate 1 capacitor charge unit
    Photonic CPU Enhancer 1
    Overdrive injector system 2

My main complaint is that it is SLOOOOW.. but hopefully, if that is the way it has to be - I've compensated properly with the shields.

Thoughts?
    sigpic

Re: Thrasher fit-out

Well not toooo bad but could do better.

Firstly never mix t2 and t1 guns, always use t2 if you can.
    Secondly you've mixed passive shield mods (shield recharge) with active shield tank (booster) where its better to focus on a passive tank (hit points and recharge) or active tank (booster) but both need resistances (hardeners).

If your using short range weapons you really need to fit a speed module, either a Afterburner or Microwarpdrive. If its for missions a AB is fine, for PvP you really want a MWD.

I wouldn't bother with Rigs on a t1 destroyer, the value of the ship and fitting will probably total what the cost of 1 unit of the cheapest rig (my t2 arty thrashers cost like 5m total, the cheapest rigs cost 5m).

I should also point out that autocannons don't really get a big increase between the tiers (125mm -> 150mm -> 200mm) compared to other races, so typically people will fit the smallest tier first, then the rest of the ship and use whatever PG+CPU is left to increase as many guns as they can.

Also look at the ships bonus, it gets a optimal range bonus, and AC's have awful optimal range so your not getting that bonus at all in effect. Destroyers are really meant to use long range weapons, which for the thrasher is artillery.

Two main things, need to lose the CPU and if using AC's fit a microwarpdrive.

If you let us know what your looking to use the ship for can help more with specific setups.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85 View Post
      Well not toooo bad but could do better.

Firstly never mix t2 and t1 guns, always use t2 if you can.
      Secondly you've mixed passive shield mods (shield recharge) with active shield tank (booster) where its better to focus on a passive tank (hit points and recharge) or active tank (booster) but both need resistances (hardeners).

If your using short range weapons you really need to fit a speed module, either a Afterburner or Microwarpdrive. If its for missions a AB is fine, for PvP you really want a MWD.

I wouldn't bother with Rigs on a t1 destroyer, the value of the ship and fitting will probably total what the cost of 1 unit of the cheapest rig (my t2 arty thrashers cost like 5m total, the cheapest rigs cost 5m).

I should also point out that autocannons don't really get a big increase between the tiers (125mm -> 150mm -> 200mm) compared to other races, so typically people will fit the smallest tier first, then the rest of the ship and use whatever PG+CPU is left to increase as many guns as they can.

Also look at the ships bonus, it gets a optimal range bonus, and AC's have awful optimal range so your not getting that bonus at all in effect. Destroyers are really meant to use long range weapons, which for the thrasher is artillery.

Two main things, need to lose the CPU and if using AC's fit a microwarpdrive.

If you let us know what your looking to use the ship for can help more with specific setups.
      Gracias -
      The parts are pretty much what I've gathered so far in NPC missions - the next move is for Type 2 Arty to replace the Type 1 AC's at first - I think I have 1 so far.

Mostly I'll be doing the NPC's missions for now, but I want to put up a decent fight if I get caught by gatecampers - or at least look mean enough for them to leave me alone. I should be able to PvP one day - dunno much about it though for now.
      sigpic

Comment

1. You don't want to mix arty and AC's together, they operate best at different ranges. Arty at a greater distance (and poorer tracking) while AC's want to be close (better tracking). Its much more effective to have all of 1 type of weapon (can be different tiers of course, aka 125mm and 150mm ac's on same setup).

I understand why people think its a good idea in theory, shoot them at range, then when they get close change to the close range weapons. But it lowers your overall damage output as you can only really hit with half your weapons at one time. Your better off going all arty and killing them before they get close or all ac and charging into the middle and killing them (should have better tank with ac's due to lower fitting).

2. Fit a MWD and run back to gates, you arn't going to scare people in a destroyer if they're in a ship that can tank sentries.

The setup I used for level 1's:
        250mm Arty T2 (with however many 280's fit with left over pg+cpu)
        AB, Medium Shield Extender, Web
        Gyro, Micro Auxillary Powe Core

I just swapped the AB for MWD when travelling in low sec (AB for deadspace missions where mwd doesn't work), you might not be able to fit it with your fitting skills.

Comment

I understand why people think its a good idea in theory, shoot them at range, then when they get close change to the close range weapons. But it lowers your overall damage output as you can only really hit with half your weapons at one time. Your better off going all arty and killing them before they get close or all ac and charging into the middle and killing them (should have better tank with ac's due to lower fitting).
          Z'actly what I was thinking - Now I see otherwise - pick one or the other but not both.

2. Fit a MWD and run back to gates, you arn't going to scare people in a destroyer if they're in a ship that can tank sentries.
          Haha.. Good point.

I try some adjustment - we'll see where I end up.

Thanks for the info!
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...