PvP Rokh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PvP Rokh?

Hey i have only played for 18 days but my friend gave 500 Million ISK to buy stuff and i just got a Rokh i have the skills and everything battleships is Level 4 and i don't know a very good build.

i have heavy missles, training torpedoes now. Just want to know if anyone has a good Build(s) for Solo PvP or gang PvP

Thanks in advance,

~Sniper

Re: PvP Rokh?

Sell it and don't fly battleships for another 6 months or so at least tbh. Having the battleship skill doesn't mean you can actually fly one well. Buy yourself a drake and mess around in that. Needs far fewer skills to be effective and it's much cheaper when it does (and it will).

BTW Rokh is build to use large hybrid turrets (blasters or rails) not missiles.

---

Comment

Roughly:

6 T2 Neutrons, 1 NOS, 1 Neut. (8 neutrons requires Adv Weapon Upgrades 5)
      XL Booster, Shield Boost Amp, heavy cap injector, warp disruptor, 2 x invuln t2
      3 Mag Field t2, 2 PDU t2.

Steel is right though, you really need good skills to survive in this.
      Do or do not, there is no try....
      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

I know i have all the skills to fly it all of the secondary and all that i thought it was heavy missile's I have heavy hybrid turrets just thought it was a missile barge.

Comment

It only has 4 missile hardpoints, so you'd be better off in a Raven if you wanted to go for missiles.

Comment

500 million? holy [censored] when some stranger (he was helping me out through the game) gave me 10 million i thought i was rich like crazy
            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper26 View Post
              I know i have all the skills to fly it all of the secondary and all that i thought it was heavy missile's I have heavy hybrid turrets just thought it was a missile barge.
              If you've been playing for 18 days there's no way on earth you have the ancillary skills to fly a BS properly.

---

Comment

This is what i do have.

Spaceship Command:
                Caldari Battleships:3
                Caldari Frigate:4
                Caldari Battle cruiser: 3
                Spaceship: 4

If there are others you need to know for spaceship just tell me.

missiles? Its better to go with a Raven for missiles right? Well not sure

Missle Operation: 4
                Standard Missiles: 3
                Heavy Missles: 4
                Torpedoes: 1
                Soon to be cruise missiles!

If there is anything you need to just post here thanks and Posting a PvP Rokh or a PvP Raven would be good to thanks in advance.

~Sniper

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper26 View Post
                  This is what i do have.

Spaceship Command:
                  Caldari Battleships:3
                  Caldari Frigate:4
                  Caldari Battle cruiser: 3
                  Spaceship: 4

If there are others you need to know for spaceship just tell me.

missiles? Its better to go with a Raven for missiles right? Well not sure

Missle Operation: 4
                  Standard Missiles: 3
                  Heavy Missles: 4
                  Torpedoes: 1
                  Soon to be cruise missiles!

If there is anything you need to just post here thanks and Posting a PvP Rokh or a PvP Raven would be good to thanks in advance.

~Sniper
                  The skills you listed are requirements. Not what would be termed support skills. Support skills are skills you need to fly a ship WELL not just step into it. I would say for a rokh you'd need minimum (top of my head):

Engineering V
                  Electronics V
                  Gunnery V
                  Rapid Firing 4
                  Sharpshooter 4
                  Surgical Strike 4
                  Controlled Bursts 3-4
                  Motion Prediction 4-5
                  Large Hybrid Turret 4-5
                  Weapon Upgrades V
                  Advanced Weapon Upgrades 3-4
                  Shield Operation 4-5
                  Shield Management 4
                  Tactical Shield Manipulation 4
                  Energy Systems Operation 4
                  Energy Management 4

And various other little skills that i've probably somehow failed to list. (i.e targeting, lock time, rigging, etc.)

I'd stick to a drake while training for a raven. They're much easier on the SP than a gun based battleship. I have almost 8 mil in gunnery and i just not started feeling competent in my armageddon.

BTW Raven just needs the above listed shield tanking skills plus enough missile skills to use both torp and cruise (cruise for mission torp for pvp) plus a few cap skills so you're able to run your tank a bit longer. Overall requires about a third of the sp you need to get a really nice gun battleship.

---

Comment

Smaller ships are a lot more fun to fly when you're getting into PvP - not only because it doesn't hurt so much when you lose them which may or may not be an issue if someone gave you stacks of cash - but because taking out a battleship with a well set up gang of frigates is loads more fun than ganking noobs in frigates using a mediocre battleship.
                    --
                    Eve Online: Ashimos/Tenekes
                    Steam: Ashimos

Comment

Steel Penguin speaks the truth...
                      here is a link to our Setup index, allot of fittings for allot of ships but please do not fly a BS until after a few months, you are doing just as much of "damage" in a frigate as in a BS... cause BS's are slow and frigs are fast and can takle ships.
                      you learn allot by just flying anything and loosing a frig is around a 1.000.000 ISK loosing a Rokh with fitting is around 250.000.000ISK
                      So learn by spending as little as possible and later dominate by spending allot

myeveDOTeve-onlineDOTcom/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=571635

Comment

Originally posted by Playboy.is View Post
                        here is a link to our Setup index, allot of fittings for allot of ships but please do not fly a BS until after a few months, you are doing just as much of "damage" in a frigate as in a BS... cause BS's are slow and frigs are fast and can takle ships.
                        you learn allot by just flying anything and loosing a frig is around a 1.000.000 ISK loosing a Rokh with fitting is around 250.000.000ISK

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=571635

I prefer http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=8359

And yeah, I agree with everyone about skills, just because you can get into a ship and fit some modules doesn't mean you should. It might sound like people are being elitest but you only get the advantages of the larger ships with higher skills as skills in eve stack up together and are percentage. So you might start with higher base damage in a BS than a cruiser, but that means percentage skills have a larger effect, so if you've got minimum to get into the ship you'll probably do half the damage of a proper skilled pilot.

Smaller ships are easier to train for to, as there smaller numbers don't get as big a effect with the skills percentages, while retaining there good base speed/agility and small size so arn't a big "SHOOT ME" sign like a young player is a big BS.

Oh, and remember people before saying they can do so and so mission in a BS so think they can PvP in one, fighting other players and fighting npc's are completely different, with PvP requiring a lot more player skills, tactics and char skills which are best learnt in smaller cheap ships.

Comment

lol @ eve-o ships and mods forum tbh.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Playboy.is View Post

myeveDOTeve-onlineDOTcom/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=571635
                            Velkominn Playboy. What are you playing here at TG?
                            Do or do not, there is no try....
                            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...