EVE -NYT's article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVE -NYT's article

Thought this might be of some interest. I've never played EVE but after reading this article I just might try the 14 day trial game! I liked the sandbox/themepark analogy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/ar...l?pagewanted=1
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: EVE -NYT's article

Here is the link to TGs 14 day trail affiliation

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/eve-onl...l-account.html
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

This game always looks so appealing...but then I remind myself it's another MMO...but its still a damn appealing MMO...I'm so torn.
      | | |

Comment

Article clearly written by a goon ;)

---

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Penguin View Post
          Article clearly written by a goon ;)
          I was wondering what you meant until I read page 2. Clearly clearly written by a goon.

Comment

It takes soooo much effort to reach that point where the game begins to be fun, though. And a hell of a learning curve.

Comment

Actually I disagree with that point, ans it's something i constantly have to try and tell new players to our corp.

We had a guy join last year and he was a firm believer that he needed a better ship in order to contribute. He got into interceptors quickly, but then he thought if only i can just be a bit better. The problem with this line of thinking is that there are always people with more SPs that you, so being better is always relative. If you always think you need to be better then you'll never end up doing anything.

Then you take guys like FatCobra who dived right into early fights in cheap frigs, racking up loads of kills and having a lot of fun. It may not be as "glam" as topping killmails, but tackling and scouting are core roles for any pvp outfit, and is still a lot of fun. I played my first 6 months in only frigate sized ships (mainly the Wolf and Stiletto) and had great fun doing so.

Comment

Lier, you spent your first 6 months in a mining barge :-p

But yeah, the only SP that is important are the ones that affect the ship, someone might have 30m sp more than you, and both of you will keep increasing but a lot of the sp won't even effect the ship. Frigate sized are the easiest and lowest sp as there small size and numbers means percentage bonuses from skills have much less effect than battleships.

Besides being the cheapest ships so can lose as many as you like and not have a problem replacing them while your learning, just one more warp scrambler can be the difference between killing a ship and it running away. The damage dealers and glory hunters can't do anything unless the targets are pinned down ;-)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X