Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVE Online Now on Steam

http://pc.ign.com/articles/846/846993p1.html

"The game is the first MMO to be offered on Steam, and the launch of the title on the service will be marked by a 21-day trial period to all Steam downloaders. The special offer also includes a $5 discount on the first month's full subscription to EVE Online."

Re: EVE Online Now on Steam

uh, why?

Comment

I agree... Although $5 off the initial $19.00 and an extra Week of Trial Period is kinda nice... I wish it was a week ago when I signed up..
      Grr...
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

lol me too pear

Comment

Good things can only come from this, oh and more lag...

Comment

From www.eve-online.com Still dont get why they did this, just to get some more pub and some ads on Steam. Who knows.

eve online is coming to steam
            reported by CCP Wrangler | 2008.01.23 17:58:40 | NEW

Since the press release about EVE Online coming to Steam a few questions have popped up and we thought we should let everyone know a few more details .

EVE Online is not on Steam yet, it will be available there in the very near future.

Steam will be selling CD Keys only. This means you can buy a new account on Steam, but not pay subscription.

Anyone on a trial can take advantage of this offer and can upgrade their trial account with the CD Keys Steam will be selling.

Anyone can also get a Steam account and take advantage of the 21 day trial offered by Steam.

Patches will be deployed as usual and not through Steam, no one is required to sign up to EVE Online through Steam.

Comment

Probably because Steam is the most popular online distribution service out there. They may work to integrate the game and patches to use steam.

Still good though

Comment

I don't know about the patches with steam there usually late, but until recently a few games with patches are within hours/days now so steam is catching up.. I don't understand with eve on steam though, the regular website has download?

edit: Steam also does paypal, if they use that for the monthly fee's hell yes thats awesome

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X