Long time EVE player, new to TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time EVE player, new to TG

I've read some of your posts here and it seems some, or many, of you haven't been playing EVE for that long. Correct me if I am wrong. I've been playing EVE since it's release and have multiple characters in the different areas, missions, PvP, and I just sold my mining/production character. My main is named Redginald and has something over 40mill skill points (I lost my original character due to a CCP screw up a year after release and had to make a new character). Redginald is pure Minmatar and pure PvP. I was in Curse Alliance way back when it was around and was a member of M.Corp for about 3 years, until I joined the Mercenary Coalition. Real life happened and I had to stop playing a few months ago and haven't played since just before the new add-on. If anyone has questions feel free to ask! :) EVE is an awesome game. I wish I had the time to play it.
    E6600 oc'd to 2.8GHz, Sapphire Tech x1950XTX oc'd, 2gig RAM, WinXP Pro, Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality

Re: Long time EVE player, new to TG

A lot of us at TG started playing towards the end of 2005. Mcrew is a merc corp which Wulfyn started and has been going strong since its start. We started Mournival Alliance which is a Merc alliance and have been successful so far. Looking to grow larger and take on bigger contracts. As a corp we could only take on so much but we did very well against large alliances. Mostly disruption out in 0.0 which is a blast. We were even mentioned along with MC as one of the biggest merc alliances. Of course MC is still the largest and probably the strongest but I don't know how much of a merc alliance they still are. Been taking a lot of territory recently. Had a pretty successful campaign against REPO to and we were fighting like crap IMO. Love PVP in EVE, no other game compares.

Are you still in game or are you coming back any time soon?

Comment

My sympathies for being part of Curse Alliance ^_-

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85 View Post
        My sympathies for being part of Curse Alliance ^_-
        Haha can't be worse than IO was. God i hate providence now.

---

Comment

Hehe, my days in CA were some of the best I've had in EVE ;) I regret none of them! Though when I joined MC they did get better. It was so much fun going out in roaming gangs and just wasting people with superior numbers. They are very organized.

I'm not sure if I'll be coming back to EVE. I had to leave the game in somewhat of a hurry and most of my assets are locked in 0.0 space in a station under some other Corp. Poor thing. I have a Naglfar locked there and another safe in Empire space. I put it up on escrow some time ago to see if I can sell it but no one bought it. I also have a Tempest, Typhoon, Vagabond, and Sabre all locked there. It kinda sucks. I'd have to join the corp and then get my other character to jump my Naglfar back to empire, but I know that won't happen. I might just jump in my Vaga and make a run for the border to join you guys and leave that stuff there for now. Play once in a while or something. I'll see if I can find the time.
          E6600 oc'd to 2.8GHz, Sapphire Tech x1950XTX oc'd, 2gig RAM, WinXP Pro, Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality

Comment

Originally posted by Redginald View Post
            I've read some of your posts here and it seems some, or many, of you haven't been playing EVE for that long. Correct me if I am wrong. I've been playing EVE since it's release and have multiple characters in the different areas, missions, PvP, and I just sold my mining/production character. My main is named Redginald and has something over 40mill skill points (I lost my original character due to a CCP screw up a year after release and had to make a new character). Redginald is pure Minmatar and pure PvP. I was in Curse Alliance way back when it was around and was a member of M.Corp for about 3 years, until I joined the Mercenary Coalition. Real life happened and I had to stop playing a few months ago and haven't played since just before the new add-on. If anyone has questions feel free to ask! :) EVE is an awesome game. I wish I had the time to play it.
            Welcome to TG, Redginald. First thank you for becoming a supporting member to TG and it's addicting cause. Feel free you use all the resources that our here on our site. You have access to TG e-mail and webspace to make your own site here at TG. You also get priority access to many games where non-supportig members are are kicked off the server to make room for supporting members.

I'm also new to Eve. I came from the BattleField series and found Eve through GUComics.com and knew TG sponcered Eve here and figured I give it a try. But there are many in MCREW that know thier stuff. The best thing is that MCREW allows newer players like me to join and are very will to teach newer players and get them up to speed to PvP with the best of them.

Again, Welcome to TG.
            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
            and where all members
            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

You can always convince the corp that owns the station that you would be a great asset to their corp then cyno your carrier out in the middle of the night and leave the corp. Just dont tell them you have assets out their. :)

Comment

Hehe, it's actually a Dread, not carrier. I never liked Carriers because I'm a Cruiser type person. I rarely use Battleships and just can't see the need for an alt to get my guy out of there. About the only thing Dreads are good for is Carrier killing and Station taking, which is fine with me. I had 2 of them built. One for front line assaults and one to keep in MC space for defense so I could either clone jump or take a fast ship if we had to defend our space. But thankfully it never made it out of Empire. I could easily cyno my Naglfar out of thier space by undocking and hitting it right away, but I'm actually more concerned with my Vaga, lol. I love that ship.

Thanks for the welcome Eroak. I'm sure I will have a blast with you guys.

Also I am willing to help anyone who wants it. Either here or ingame. I think I'll activate my account again and continue my training. I really want Heavy Assaults lvl 5 ;) If I have the time I'll pick up the game again. Do you guys actively get contracts? or are there only a few playing?

Comment

I believe our corp membership stands around 75 members atm. But you know how that goes, we probably have around 40 active members. Some of our guys are afk for work and school atm. We use a lot of different fleet setups but I would say Mcrew's speciality has always been fast moving squads. We have plenty of larger ships just find them boring at times.

We do get regular contracts some are great and some are boring. I am not a fan of station fights so I consider them boring. We have taken on alliances that have 1000+ members to corps with 10 members. We are focusing on getting larger contracts atm. As you probably know the merc business wont make you rich but if you enjoy pvp you will feel right at home.

Comment

Definitely. PvP is the only reason I play the game! lol. My original character was mining/production, until I found a spot with a new alliance forming and we fought CA. Then I fell in love with the PvP aspect of it. After I made my new character I joined up with a recruiting Corp in CA and made my name in the game there.

I have to agree though my favorite play style is the fast moving roaming squads. I hate gatecamps unless they are active gates. A Huginn and Lachesis are a MUST for serious gate camps :) couple that with long range heavy hitters and there won't be much that gets through. Man I miss this game. I'm going to reinstall it when I get home! lol

Comment

Sounds like you would be the person to hit up for some knowledge on the cruiser side of things esp pvp. ( And the advantages vs BS other than price). Though while I enjoy the game, having hard time finding the time aha.. :(
                      His duty is honour itself. Even his death - If it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.-
                      Roboute Guilliman,Primarch of the Ultramarines

-EVE: Naune

Comment

Yeah, I know how you feel. EVE is VERY time consuming. It's not one of those games where you can pop in, play a few rounds, and quit. You actually have to dedicate hours of playtime to get anything done. Which is why I don't play anymore. I don't have that time.

Cruisers are considered middle ground ships. They are faster than BS's but slower than Frigates. Though when used right they can be devastating. I can give you tips on how to kit out a Minmatar ship, as that is what my guy was dedicated to, and general tips on how to fit for PvP in any ship. Feel free to ask anything :)

Comment

my kind of guy. I hate battleships, plus im usually stuck in my falcon screwing up our targets. Maybe if we get a contract against MC we could fight against each other.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Well I don't play anymore, and I was booted from MC after about 2 months of inactivity. So I'm flying my noob corp banner for now. I'm seriously thinking of reinstalling the game and trying to sell off my stuff in 0.0 regions and see what I can do with you guys in Empire, though I wouldn't be on as often as I, or you guys, would like.

In MC we were required to have long range and close range battleships fully fitted and quickly accessible. Just in case they were needed for an attack or defense and we weren't fumbling looking for mods. We could just dock, swap out ships, and get to the fight. Like I said, the MC are very organized and very intelligent. They know how to fight and win in EVE. I have some stories to tell you guys if you ever want to hear them, lol.

My all time favorite ships are the Rupture, Munnin, and Vagabond. I have done so much with the Rupture and Muninn but just started to use the Vaga as it used to be (and might still be) outrageously priced. They were about 230mill, not sure how much they are now. I used to NPC Angel spawns in my Muninn at close range. That thing would tank anything and take down those top Angels with ease. But all that comes with a specialization. As i said in my first post. I have something over 40mill sp's and have every gunnery skill to lvl 5 and all my t2 gunnery skills to lvl 4, projectile spec'd. I can fly any, and only, Minmatar ships except the Hel and the Titan (forgot the name of it).

I've got roughly 1.5bill to my name now. I'll see if I can dump my stuck Nag for another 1.5-2bill and my second one I might keep if you guys use dreads. If not I'll probably sell it or keep it as a mantle piece just to say I have one, lol. My missions alt also has some number over 1bill so I'm set as far as ISK goes :D

I'll see you guys in game sometime :)

Comment

Vaga's < 80m atm according to http://eve-central.com/home/

Check prices... all T2 prices will of fallen since you last played as T2 BPC's can be invented and its not down to pure luck of getting given a BPO from the lottery.

Capital prices are down to, the profits on them arn't a lot from what i'm told so expect the selling price to be lower than what you payed for it back in the day. Another experienced captial pilot is always useful.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X