Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to space

Hi, fellow TG-ers.

So I just got this email telling me I can play EVE free for 5 days because of all the changes the game has gone through.
    I got EVE when I was 12 or 13 years old, played it for 2 days and got sick of it. Now I'm going to give it a second try and I have a couple of questions for the good people here on TG.

I read on the forum here that most TG-ers are in a corp called MCREW-pub, I assume that "pub" stands for public? Meaning I'm free to join?

I'm completely broke right now so if I decide I want to keep playing I won't be able to buy game time until sometime this summer. I read something about these things called plexes, like prepaid cards one can acquire in game. So are they really hard to get for a total newb?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Hunter.
    "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Re: Going back to space

MCREW-PUB is the channel most TGers in Eve hang out in. Please feel free to join. ATM though, the corp is inactive. We were a merc corp, and the members have split up to do various things. Some are doing industry work, most do pvp.

PLEXes are in game time cards. If you can make 300m ISK, you can generally get one. PLEXes are basically 30 day timecards. As a total noob, I don't think you could make 300m in 5 days, but once you can do lvl 4 missions, it would generally take about 10-15 hours of play to pay for a month.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever be getting into this game. It's just way too expensive and time-consuming. Not to mention the notorious "learning curve of death" shown in this pic from xkcd:

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Comment

That should show some people at the top, triumphant. :)
        "If you want to taste the ground, feel free to attack." - Kenshin Himura

Comment

I resub'd for a month to check things out. I'll be hanging out in mcrew-pub as Tau Neutrino, Arkhangai, or Hua Jiao.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

wb Tau. What you planning on doing?
            Do or do not, there is no try....
            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

TBH I have no clue. Been running a few combat missions with a newbie twink during the limited time I have to play.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X