intersted in the game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intersted in the game

I am intersted in this game, is it going well? Does it take a 40 years to get to the fun parts (high levels?) & is it going strong?
    sigpic

Re: intersted in the game

The game is fantastic. We have a dedicated corp and a fabulous command staff overseeing things.

As far as leveling, you will need to level the basics before you can specialize what you want to do. You set a skill to level, instead of your character, and it has a set amount of time it takes. It continues to train even if you quit the game. It's like Ikariam, if you've ever tried that.

I've been here less than a month and I'm having a fun time just doing missions. I haven't even scraped the surface.

Comment

Hey Sleeper! Glad to see you here. :)

I've been playing now for not quite 4 months and we're having quite a blast here. Got a good group of people, a lot of good camaraderie and teamwork, and the ability (with the right people) to run high-level missions. We've also started playing with wormhole space and even our beginning pilots have gotten in on the fun - and made some good isk at it too. :)

As of today we have 38 members in the corporation, which is pretty decent all things considered. I'm hopeful we'll continue to expand and have fun doing so. If you have any questions - let me know. Or, if you want, I can e-mail you a link for a 21-day free trial and you can check it out for yourself. ;)

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

Ya, i was thinking of playing a new game. And i'm tired of all my FPS games, so i saw this, and i was like, hey, whats this game about. So what exactly is it? Is it a strat or rts?

Comment

This post in the Eve forums on steam so sums up this game, it's almost like the developers wrote it..

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=740007

The whole thread is worth a quick read, as there are some other informative posts if you can filter through the garbage. Eve is a fun game but it has a steep and expensive learning curve.

Comment

I would take Zero Punctuation's reviews with a grain of salt. He's partisan.

Comment

I think its a great game when you have a corp that really does stuff together.
              The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
              mutual respect for your fellow gamers
              and where all members
              would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
              Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

I will try to play it this weekend then after I finish building my new PC.

Thanks for the advise all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                  I would take Zero Punctuation's reviews with a grain of salt. He's partisan.
                  I played Eve for almost a year, and everysinglething that was said about the game is exactly true.

Comment

Eve has a crushing learning curve, but that's what makes it good.
                    Do or do not, there is no try....
                    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Almost anyone is willing to help at one point or another, whether it's with missions, or mining, or just general kvetching and chatter. The learning curve is diminished when you have fellow corpmates willing to lend a hand.
                      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

It's a tough game to learn, and it's basically a game of lawlessness and how you choose to act in that situation.

In eve there is:

-No such thing as player griefing, everything is allowed and even considered part of the game.
                        -No such thing as consential pvp, you can be attacked anytime, anyplace, by anyone.
                        -There are not so much factions or alliances between players as there are mutual interests.CorpA can ally with corpB, but the minute they see they have differing goals, corpA can attack corpB.

You have to accept that when playing EvE, you can be scammed at anytime, backstabbed at any time, killed at any time, have the fruits of months of gameplay wasted at anytime and have zero recourse other then cold, hard revenge at a later date. I'm not saying anyone here does those things, but anyone who has played EvE for any decent period of time knows those things can and do happen everyday in the "EvE universe".

If the chance that any of those things happening to you would bother you to the point where you would cancel your subscription, you should honestly never even start to play EvE. If those things not only do not bother you, but maybe excite you at the prospect of doing those things to other players, you should immeadiately buy EvE and prepare to find the game you have been waiting for. EvE is a good game, but it defintely is not for everyone.

Comment

That very hands-off approach and pseudo-wild-west feel (at least outside of CONCORD enforcement) is one of the big draws for me in the game. There's nothing artificial about it, it's player controlled, and player tyrannized :P
                          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Exactly, but that type of game isn't for everyone and I think it does a disservice to others if it isn't explained properly.

Eve is the wild west in space, there are some areas where a semblence of law and order is in place, but if you limit yourself to those areas you miss out on a lot of the game and kind of defeat the purpose of playing it. My playtime basically only involved making my account, buying myself 400M of their in-game currency (which you can do through the EvE website so it's not like gold-buying in wow, you can also pay your monthly subscription fees in in-game currency) learning the game(which honestly took about 3 months until I no longer felt like a newb), then having fun until my isk ran out, then cancelling my account.

I would suggest anyone who gets involved with EvE purchase a 6 month subscription at a minimum, and purchase some isk through CCP's site. Eve is a long-term game, and without that starting isk infusion you will end up doing a lot of boring missions which honestly detract from what the game really is.

Comment

So if I someone taks out my ship do they get my ISK's or are they safe or is there some kind of bank?
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X