hmm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm

Alright so I am an avid fan of MMO's and have been for a while. I normally play games such as LOTRO, AoC or GW. As of late I have grown tired of the same ol' same ol' and am looking for something different and new. Space sims and such have always caught my eye, anyone have any pointers, pros or cons for someone looking to get into this?

HardCa$h

Re: hmm

Originally posted by HardCa$h View Post
    Alright so I am an avid fan of MMO's and have been for a while. I normally play games such as LOTRO, AoC or GW. As of late I have grown tired of the same ol' same ol' and am looking for something different and new. Space sims and such have always caught my eye, anyone have any pointers, pros or cons for someone looking to get into this?
    From MMOs, Eve is very different. There is no end game and there is no leveling. Only skills and the money you make. Most of the game is targeted at PvP and funding meterials for these efforts. You can be tradesmen or a pilot or both. You dont have a set skill plan, you chose it. You dont have to sit and built up skills nither like most MMOs. They are solely time based and you set the skill to train, after set time you learn it. The only thing that holds you back is the money to buy skills and ships. You can effective jump into PvP after about a week and be very effective, even vs 5 year old players if you play your cards right. After time you get to fly bigger faster and more specialized ships and weapons.

There is only one server that everyone plays on and has a 99% uptime with 1 hour per day for maintenence. Expansions are free and the game is free. You can start out with a 21 day trial (PM me). From there is $15 a month. But no $50 dollers up from like EQ and WoW!

Its a dog eat dog world/universe. Its very competitive and blood thursty. Back stabbing and looting. Priates and idiots. You can be one of them if you prefer that life, but most I think join forces and aim for higher goals. We are looking to make our make and claim systems of our own. We are backed by a ambitious alliance of corporations (aka: guild, clan)
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Originally posted by Eroak View Post
      You can effective jump into PvP after about a week and be very effective, even vs 5 year old players if you play your cards right.
      Had my dumb moment for today, my first thought was, "Holy crap 5-year-olds play this game?! This game must be easy!"

Anyways I would love to try this game as for OP's reason. I've grown a little bored of GW, and would love to try something new.

Comment

Cash, I sent you an invite about two months ago, it should still be in your inbox somewhere.

This game is a lot of fun, and the people in our corp are top-notch. The teamwork and strategy that go into this game are simply put, awesome.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X