Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I figured out my BSOD and crashing problems...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I figured out my BSOD and crashing problems...

Well, I feel like an ass. When I bought my new gfx card, I didn't even bother to pay attention to the power requirements vs. my power supply. I'll be getting a new, bigger power supply, and will be back on to talk smart and have fun again!

P.S. I can still log in to do a few things (change skills, read over applications, partake in communication) but flying through space usually shuts me down.

Re: So I figured out my BSOD and crashing problems...

><
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I know, I know, I'm embarassed. I should have figured it out when other games abruptly crashed, too.

Found a decent 680watt on newegg for $40, I think I'm gonna go with that. I've figured out what 12v rails mean, and this one seems like it will do the trick for a HD4850, which requires a minimum of 450w. I currently have 300w.

Any thoughts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817709015

Comment

If one PCI-e rail is all you need, then it'll work. If you ever upgrade to a 4870 or perhaps even a 4850x2, for example, then you'll need two of them.

Otherwise, the voltages look right. I've always liked the PSUs with the larger 120mm fans on them, move more air and are quieter. I'll be replacing my PSU sooner rather than later, simply because it's only got a 70mm or so exhaust fan on the back. -and wouldn't you know it, it's by far the loudest fan in my whole rig. I kept getting upset because I thought it was the CPU fan ramping up and maybe the big arse aftermarket heatsink wasn't enough for my quad core Phenom II. Nope. Come to find out it's the PSU fan ramping up due to the voltage, and it's small physical size. That has to change :)
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Got it set up today. Looking forward to getting back in-game to actually do things besides upkeep.

Comment

For anyone who is still interested or may have the same problems, I eventually did fix this with a combination of brand new ram of the same brand and size, and also installing windows 7.

Sorry for double post!

Comment

Glad you got rolling again Whistles
              EVE Online- Savanna Skye & Kaliska Star
              Proud creator of Cataclysmic Variable the best little 1 person corp out there.

CS:Source/L4D: |TG-303rd| Noirangel

Comment

Ready to play. Who still plays this?

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/eve-onl...82-pilots.html

:D

Plenty of TG'ers out there in Tranquility :)

Comment

It would take me a week to figure out where I am with skills and where I want to go, but that's not such a big deal. Maybe I'll pick this one back up. I at least want to for a bit to prove to myself it is not going to crash.

Comment

Dominion is out and it's pretty cool, hopefully the changes to the sov system make it a bit more fun and balanced in 0.0

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                      "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                      - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X