Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust514

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H42u031Qko[/media]

Interesting. I'll be stoked if they pull it off.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Re: Dust514

If only it was being released for PCs as well...

I haven't owned a console system since my old trusty NES and TurboGrafx16 :D

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I wish they would make it for PC, it looks cool. In the vid it looked like a Tengu had fired at a Megathron and destroyed it (fail thron is fail) which was awesome. But I hope they allow the EVE players to enter orbit of the planet to help bombard emplacements if needed... not just pay mercs X amount of money to capture a planet so you can gain sov of the system. If that becomes the case I will be highly annoyed b/c then for the EVE players it'll just be rat, pay DUST Mercs to capture planet Y, then rat some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Havok View Post
        I wish they would make it for PC, it looks cool. In the vid it looked like a Tengu had fired at a Megathron and destroyed it (fail thron is fail) which was awesome. But I hope they allow the EVE players to enter orbit of the planet to help bombard emplacements if needed... not just pay mercs X amount of money to capture a planet so you can gain sov of the system. If that becomes the case I will be highly annoyed b/c then for the EVE players it'll just be rat, pay DUST Mercs to capture planet Y, then rat some more.
        I don't think CCP is going to risk something this important on FPS players. They're going to do it right, and make sure it works, or they're not going to do it all.

-Echo

Comment

If they release it for PC, it brings the world one (knowing CCP: MASSIVE) step closer to fully integrated combined arms gameplay on an actually massive scale. (*drool*)

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
            If they release it for PC, it brings the world one (knowing CCP: MASSIVE) step closer to fully integrated combined arms gameplay on an actually massive scale. (*drool*)
            Even if they only release it to consoles it does. Just... it's taking a half-step before it finishes it's stride (getting it to work for PC users too, allowing for a broader range of players). With the step of allowing Xbox360 users and PC players to play together on the same game made by Shadowrun (albeit a not extremely popular or successful one in itself, being a prototype and all).

It's such an opportunity to see how we can integrate many games to reduce the strain on each of them, as well as allowing each game to have it's own specific differences to make it have what it needs without putting more stress on the other games. (Imagine something like Battlefield 2, that could handle aircraft coming in from obscene distances and actually being able to fly independantly of the map, while infantry battle it out just like they should... The possibilities are even more endless than that, like having an RTS player guiding FPS players, real time!)

I had an idea a while back... GRAW would remain the same game it is for infantry, and then having the ability to 'request' an airstrike, then the request would be transmitted to a jet pilot playing HAWX, who would then carry out the mission, in real time.

Since you could make it so that GRAW would only need to process infantry data, along with the new input of information in regards to the bomb and the jet itself (just has to render and guide the bomb in based on the information from a HAWX player), and vice versa, it could in theory reduce the stress on both games in comparison to having a game that does BOTH in the same setting. And, maybe it would be possible for those games to actually be hosted on different servers entirely, so that both games could run more efficiently on a server box, while still being inter-connected.

I don't have a real grasp on the coding, development, etc. involved, but it would seem that the stress could be greatly reduced... and, you could program individual differences into each system allowing a bit better integration, like how HAWX players could take off from a runway, but it would be much farther out and GRAW wouldn't have to render those distances and objects since they make no difference on the gameplay for GRAW.

It's such an opportunity to see how we can integrate many games to reduce the strain on each of them, as well as allowing each game to have it's own specific differences to make it have what it needs without putting more stress on the other games. (Imagine something like Battlefield 2, that could handle aircraft coming in from obscene distances and actually being able to fly independantly of the map, while infantry battle it out just like they should... The possibilities are even more endless than that, like having an RTS player guiding FPS players, real time!)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X