Just joined...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined...

Hey just got in to Eve. Doing the tutorial missions currently but was wondering if TG was active in game?
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Re: Just joined...

i been playing lately too, but i havnt been able to find anyone from tg :(

Comment

I may not be a "full" member of this community, but I do know that they have a chat channel in game. |TG| is what you need to go to. I am personally a TTP guy, but enjoy talking to you guys from time to time :icon20:

Comment

I'm playing, and running Amarr tutorials with a new character in the Pasha System. Sometimes I get on the |TG| channel, but not often.

Comment

There are several of us based in Caldari space in the POINEN system just 3 jumps from JITA. we about 5 or so of us that are fairly regular. We have been doing a fir bit of mining and mission running in High sec but just re-entered Wormhole space and setup a POS there. (Had to take our previous one down due to lack of players to make it profitable.) Though I am not in charge we would welcome new players. The Corp is TGCOM. There is a chance for some major ISK in the WH and it goes a lot easier with more. Send an EVE mail to Jutz.(That's not me but he is acting CEO). I am Quarath Fin ingame or Kelvin Vanhorn is also on a lot.

If you think your more into heavy PVP there is a group of TG guys out there doing that as well and I think if you browse these forums you will probably find em.
          "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Is that kind of stuff just for older characters? I only got one character in Caldari space and he's still green behind the ears.

Comment

Living in WH space is not exactly a new player kind of enviroment.... but with the proper guides, it's doable.

WH space is simply a group of systems (~2000 total?) that are not connected by stargates. The only way to get to them is through randomly occuring wormholes. It's a bit more involved then that, but basically all WH systems are 0.0 security and have an added handicap of not telling you who is in local, unlike all other normal sytems. So you need to be able to survive on your own without depending on fixed stations. You come to and from normal space periodically, but it's a very solo enviroment as far as keeping your ship alive. It's difficult to get ships and fittings out there, so you have to be prepared. But if you decide to do it, you can easily get major ISK for your level.

The sleepers (npc's in WH space) can get pretty mean, depending on what type of WH system the POS is in, but they drop materials to make Tech III ships and such. So they can make you a LOT of ISKies.

Plus, ganging up on people in WH space and profiting by looting their burning hulls is awesome. They'll never see you coming. ;)

As far as PVP combat, you're never too young to start. No matter what you do, you will be involved in PVP sometime. Even miners get sucked into it. Best bet is to find some of the TG guys in game, fit up a ship you don't mind loosing and roaming low security space, or even null sec if you're feeling lucky. Just be ready for the worst. Personally, I ran into a Nyx (look that up) the other day. It turned into a bad time for all. :)

Also, I know everybody says this, but buy and train train all skills you can under LEARNING before you do anything else. It will help you SO much in the future and is the absolute best and most all encompassing thing you can use your new player 100% training bonus on! The cost hurts a new player, but when you get to training into T2 ships, having those extra learning points makes a lot of difference! :)

I must get back to EVE now. We (not TG) are having a jolly good time in Eso...... ;)

Comment

You can be having a good time in PVP in less that a week. Sure, you will die a lot, but you can do it a very low cost, and you will be an important part of a small gang. PVP in Eve is honestly, about 75% player skill, and 25% character skill. Sure, time spent skilling up combat skills makes you hit harder, tank more, etc, but even a week old character, handled by a player who "gets" Eve PVP will be a threat to a 5 year character handleld by someone who doesn't.
                Do or do not, there is no try....
                -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by Hansuke View Post
                  Is that kind of stuff just for older characters? I only got one character in Caldari space and he's still green behind the ears.
                  No not really anyone can join in. First off as a newer character you have a lot less to lose if you die in the WH (which is a big possibility) it is not really a big deal if you keep your clone updated and your ships insured SECOND we do not spend all of our time in the wormhole. like I said we mostly hang around POINEN when not in the Wormhole which is a Hi SEC system. I have only been here a few months and have always been able to help somehow whether it was hauling ore back to the station while the others mined or min ing in my own smaller ship or salvaging wrecks behind the others on higher lvl missions while reaping all the credit and benefits as if I was doing the missions myself. Right now you are pretty cheap to support if you need ships fitting or what not you can expect to have a fair amount of ISK thrown your way until you can support yourself and the corp on your own.

Another benefit is you don't have the skills to process your own ore efficiently yet and we have members who will do it for who can get last bit of materials from your ORE.

Get your learning skills going train all the x1 ones to 5 and the x3 ones to at least 4. If you don have or cannot afford these skills yet we can help with that. If you want to check us out Jutz, Kelvin Vanhorn, or Quarath Fin in game. or eve mail Jutz or Kelvin.
                  "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X