How's your EVE career been so far?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's your EVE career been so far?

Just figured it'd be cool to see how our EVE careers have gone and where they have taken us.

I started in Sept 2009 and went from the guy mining in a Cormorant in the Veisto system of Caldari Space to somebody that will never leave 0.0 and loves roams and Bombers. :)

Let's see... I've gone through:

- Joined my other gaming clan's corporation in Veisto
    - Mined there briefly with an Ospry while training basic Learning skills
    - Corp moved headquarters to Etav in Amarr Space
    - Mined a lot there, trained into Retrievers
    - Got war dec'ed because our CEO got drunk and was mouthing off in local
    - Rode out my first ever EVE war in station, left the corporation while it was in progress, and hid in Ummoka, mining and making money
    - The war ended when a friend of our corp paid off the enemy (still not sitting right about that)
    - Corporation moved operations to our present day home, another Amarr system.
    - Rejoined the corporation and continued mining and missioning
    - War dec'ed a 2nd time, this time by a random griefer corporation targeting noobs
    - Got out there and fought back, we fielded our own fleets, and did not do that well, but we tried, dangit.
    - Corporation joined an alliance during the war because we had an opportunity to live in 0.0. We were ready to join it no matter what, but the timing was hilarious.
    - War ended when the griefer corporation was all of a sudden fighting 600 people :P
    - Moved to our current null-sec home in the south, renting from an alliance.
    - Been getting tons of PVP experiance, am in most T2 frigates, moving in on T2 Cruisers now.
    - Fought in a fairly high profile southern war recently, bombarding stations, TCU's, fighting in cap fleets.

And the journey continues!

I have learned to love the game, and I look forward to whatever's next. I'm getting to love my Purifier, and can drop bombs with pretty decent precision now. And the ISK in null is insane for a guy that was used to mining for it in high sec before. I never even touch mining these days. I just don't need to or want to. :D

So where have other people's EVE lives brought them in the game?

Re: How's your EVE career been so far?

Reading this makes me want to come back to EVE :(

Stupid website. Tried login in to my account and re-activate it but it asks me for my character name which I either seem to have forgot or it just has been deleted and its not telling me... I just dont feel like starting over. I wasnt that far (nor good) but its just that I wish I could pick up from where I've started.

Any workarounds? Guess if there isnt I'll just start from scratch.

...on and f*ck you http://www.tacticalgamer.com/eve-onl...en-so-far.html for puting down an EVE advertisement in the right hand column just as I'm writing this :(

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

I started out with MCrew. At first I didn't do anything with them because I didnt have skills for anything. I lost my first ship moving into Cload Ring with a Harbinger fitted all retartedly with random NPC loots.

From there I learned that frigates are damn decent ships, more to to move into PvP areas and survive. My first gate camp I came accross since the BC loss I blew past with ease. My love for intercepters was comming about. Soon after that I have a well fitted maldiction popping off at 4800m/s blowing most other intercepters out of the water.

I left MCrew when I left the game for some time. Almost a year. There what to much going on, to much moving, to much I didnt understand. When I came back I came under Vortex's wing command with a balanced TG corp. It was a awesome run for some time. Wormhole space was our highlight and its were most of the players learned some core pvp skills. From there we ended into 2 alliances, Many of the players got first hand experience of PvP for the first time. I felt like the vetern flying with this wing, not many of the men had any PvP kills at this point. But they did prove themselves ready for a fight. The guys really put forth a good effort compared to the alliance.

0.0 also not friendly to jump friegters. Never again...

That also ended because the corp wanted to do 8 things at teh same time and couldnt balance the resources to put it simple.

Now I'm not playing. I couldnt find a good rythem to PvP groups with the new corps that the men went to. I found myself sitting in stations waiting for hours for something to form. I'll always reconsider comming back if there is some consisentcy to consider.
      The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
      mutual respect for your fellow gamers
      and where all members
      would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
      Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Im back on EVE btw. As of 2 days ago. Have to start all over again.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
          Reading this makes me want to come back to EVE :(

Stupid website. Tried login in to my account and re-activate it but it asks me for my character name which I either seem to have forgot or it just has been deleted and its not telling me... I just dont feel like starting over. I wasnt that far (nor good) but its just that I wish I could pick up from where I've started.

Any workarounds? Guess if there isnt I'll just start from scratch.

...on and f*ck you http://www.tacticalgamer.com/eve-onl...en-so-far.html for puting down an EVE advertisement in the right hand column just as I'm writing this :(
          Same thing happened to me. I had an old account I wanted back running, and couldn't remember the character name or password. I filed a petition, and answered some questions, and CCP fixed me up. I got my character back on now, but for the life of me, can't remember how or why he has a security level of -1. :)
          Last edited by Hansuke; 06-11-2010, 11:12 AM. Reason: cant speel corectly

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
            Im back on EVE btw. As of 2 days ago. Have to start all over again.

Try the petition with your new account addressing your old account. It worked as I indicated on my first post. The only trouble I had was trying to get back an older account that I know I had and even know the character's name. The only problem is that I can't remember what email account I used or even what credit card I used. And CCP is not handing over the account until I do, which is good business, even though it makes me sad.

Comment

Well lets see...

-Started by joining a corp that was made up of a bunch of my old MW4 friends.
              -Fought in silly highsec wars where the people who deced us never showed up
              -Corp joined a 'go no where' alliance
              -got fed up with some of the **** in that corp and left eve for awhile
              -Came back and joined a corp in a southern null sec alliance
              -Had lots of fun roaming in null sec
              -Corp left alliance and joined IRC alliance during the Droneland wars.
              -Lost alot of ships to titan DDs
              -IRC went belly up.
              -Corp tried to form a new alliance, but it never got anywhere
              -corp merged with a few other corps to make a mega corp
              -New corp ended up joining U'K
              -much fun was had during the providence wars
              -Now still siting within U'K having a good time.
              |TG-Irr|WarV

Comment

Wrote a petition to CCP and he mailed me back with my character's name. It wasnt working. So I guess after 2 1/2 years they trashed it.

The BigC

Comment

Doubt full, they don't get rid of any characters.
                  |TG-Irr|WarV

Comment

Been trying, but for the life of me I can't remember any of my characters, and I didn't list their names ANYWHERE in these forums. :P

I've petitioned CCP, but no response yet.

Comment

Ha, finally remembered.

"Drunken Idiot".

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                        Ha, finally remembered.

"Drunken Idiot".
                        Wish I'd thought of that name. :icon6:

Comment

Also started with MCREW but most the gang was playing on EU TZ and I am on a PST TZ...so I often end up alone on the server. However I got some good advice from MCREW pilots and saw a little bit of action.
                          Once MCREW disbanded I joined Factional Warfare on the Minmatar side, playing sporadically but having fun.
                          After that I gave a try to RvB and it was a lot of fun (flying mainly T1 cruisers and goofing around in long range Imicus...http://redfed.eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_...=ships_weapons)
                          Now I am running missions to fill up my wallet until I decide what will be next

Comment

Still sitting in the same spot. Living in null-sec, going on roams, and getting into T2 cruisers now. I fought in the Coven/SYS-K war on the SYS-K side.

Trolling aside, they seriously did loose due to no FC's and nobody willing to step up. All the FC's left and nobody filled the void until they moved out to Period Basis. They're ok, but I like my alliance a lot. We are pretty organized. We do rent from SYS-K, but we usually operate independent of them unless there is a really big group of reds, in which case, we'll all work together. Mostly it's separate fleets for anything else though, even though we do communicate well.

SYS-K is a pretty decent group of people, and all in all I like 'em. We don't have our own sov (our "home" system of EIMJ-M is "ours" but they still hold the sov), which inhibits things a bit, but our alliance is organized and very motivated. They have their stuff together. If we hold sov, we're primed to go places. Our numbers keep rising, and we're about on par with SYS-K in terms of corps/members with room to expand.

Also, our system has all indexes at V right now. One of only 10 or so in EVE to do that. :D

Most people can prolly figure out what alliance I am with, due to that info, but meh. Enemies are everywhere, and I love PVP. So there ;)

Aw, heck with it, it's Galactic Syndicate <XGSX> and this is one of our guy's youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Hooray4raymond

All in all it's good times. And just FYI, fail trolls are fail. AAA is good at that. They really seem to think they can troll, but PL does it so much better then they do. Watching AAA troll is like a car wreck. It's so bad that you just cannot look away.

Comment

-A- isn't about trolling, its about kicking peoples teeth in, which they are good at.

Oh also I have some friends in Sys-K. Some good people there.
                              |TG-Irr|WarV

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X