Ship Quickfitter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship Quickfitter

Don't know it this has been posted before but i think it deserves it's own topic.

QuickFit is a ship fitter for the game Eve-Online. It is written in Java and is then multi-platform for every systems that can run Java (linux, Mac...).

It enables pilots to design a fit without having to buy the ship, equipments or without even having train skills. Very handy and helping for everyone concerned by this very tactical aspect of the game.

You can start doing a fit very quickly, as soon as you have launched the application. That's why it is called QuickFit afterall ;)

Pick a ship, equip it, look at the modified stats, look your damage output, your E.W. efficiency and simulate your CAP to know if all modules can run forever !

Just take a look at the feature list & screenshots, then download and enjoy this free application. You'll see it is way more than a simple fitter
    http://www.elegance-corp.net/quickfit/

---

Re: Ship Quickfitter

Great post, Penguin!

However...
    This is in the helpful links thread - would an admin pls clean this up?
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Comment

Oops...
      Sorry bout that.

---

Comment

actually why not keep this here and we can talk about some different fittings we have tried and how they will work into the corp...that way if someone tryies one thing they can post and if someone is thinking of doing something simalar they can just check here
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

The app supports saving a ship design, so these can be posted to the SM area and shared.

Of course, if you activate you skill bonuses, this may not be what everybody can fit.
          Do or do not, there is no try....
          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Yup, in conjunction with the eve-online item database and this tool (for the extremly detailed and helpful info) I was able to effectivly plan out what skills I need and how much the ship is going to cost.

Comment

The EVE online item database is wrong on many things. I just sit in a hanger and check out the info on everything. That way I know it is right.

Comment

Fitting a ship is an enormously complicated task.
                It's true that there is some incorrect data - it's inevitable.
                However, QuickFit will get you closer than ANY other exercise you could engage in.

Trust me - in the "Shared Data" thread in the corp forum, I posted a spreadsheet called "guns.xls" - but it is much more. It contains sheets full of calculations to help me fit my destroyer and cruiser.
                I've BEEN through that exercise, and it is an extraordinarily THICK one.
                QuickFit keeps track of a LOT more variables than you possibly could without the TON of work that has clearly been put into it.

Even with some incorrect data, your final answer will be much closer to the truth than doing it in a hangar. You are much less likely to be surprised with a fitting solution that just won't work (ie not enough power/CPU, or insufficient skill, etc)
                - Lazarus Long

Comment

I like it because it tells you just how effective your various modules will be. I was wasting time and energy loading up some basic EW jammers when I only had a 16% chance at hitting one of my most common targets. *fwip* Gone. It also told me that, with my current skills, my guns and missiles had effectively the same DoT. Time to repurpose them.

It's a good tool.
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

And the next great thing about the tool is the Capacitor-usage simulator.
                    It simulates your ship, under operation. Turn on modules, like guns, shield boosters, AB, etc, and it will show you the effect on your capacitor.
                    It lets you know what sort of sustained operations you can perform, or whether you're really only going to get 10 seconds of straight AB use while your shield booster is on...etc.
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

I tried this for a Griffin I am fitting, maybe to help learning corp members manage some of the tougher agent missions and 1 & 2/10 complexes. I made an error in my first fit resulting in a ship loss to Sansha's fighters. I used this and tweaked for what I would not have normally considered. Massive capaciter recharge rate boost but for an overall cap loss. The simulator let me discover that with the better recharge rate, I could keep jamming for an almost indefinite time. I could turn off one jammer, and shield boost and jam worked together nicely. It's cheap too (although my upgrade skills help). The second run on the Martha complex was much more successful.
                      Do or do not, there is no try....
                      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'd just like to thank gunjunkie for being so incredibly helpful with his advice and tutelage as to ship fittings, paths to take and the general assortment of baffling intricacies that EVE has to offer. Cheers!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                        |TG-2nd|munchkin
                        Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

New version available

QuickFit 0.99b RC2

http://www.elegance-corp.net/quickfit/

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                          "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                          - Wulfyn

Comment

You mean 99c

Comment

Wow, that was quick. These guys are on the ball.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                              - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X