X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost FPS

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=110129

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: Boost FPS

You can use Ctrl-Alt-Shift-E and Ctrl-Alt-Shift-T to toggle "effects" and "turret effects", respectively, as well. (I briefly scanned that thread and didn't notice mention of it.)

Turning off turret effects just mean that little blast animation between ships doesnt show up. Turning off general effects basically amounts to removing billboard sprites like that little shield flicker when you use a booster or hardener, or the effect of jumping through a gate, or cloaking, etc, etc.

Turning off both of these can dramatically improve performance, especially in fleet engagements. Just be wary of having everyone with effects turned off. At the very least your cov-ops/scout should have effects on so they can call out gate activation.

Also, keep in mind that these settings are reset to on by default every time your client restarts, so you have to hit these hotkeys every time you play for the effects to be turned off.
    Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
    [age-c1]
    [eng][air]

Comment

So basically it ruins everything fun to look at.

Comment

I found that a cold boot when things start stuttering does miracles.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
        "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
        - Wulfyn

Comment

That'll be thanks to the rather large memory leak the EVE client has been suffering some since RMR launch. Looks like they got rid of most of it with the latest patch, but I still have yet to see a client that doesn't have at least some small leak and usually some nasty fragmentation to boot. Moral of the story: Sloppy Joe is very correct - Simply reseting your system can do wonders. =)
          Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
          [age-c1]
          [eng][air]

Comment

Yea, it's wierd though, I haven't experienced this yet. I barely ever lag on Eve anymore, probably due to our location though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X