Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone needs to go afk from time to time but be careful!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone needs to go afk from time to time but be careful!!

I have been noticing a lot of people going afk for very extended periods of time when on ops with people and not in safe sectors. Keep in mind that only so much can be done to save you from losing your ship if you have gone afk. I might recommend warping to a safe place or docking if you know you are going to be afk for a good bit! Anyways just something I had been noticing and something that is easily avoidable!!

Respectfully,
    Hellrazor
    Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet "101st Airborne Division(AirAssault)"

Re: Everyone needs to go afk from time to time but be careful!!

As a general rule I prefer never going afk in anything under 0.5 sec.

However, to help alleviate the dangers of going afk, make sure to always be in a gang containing all present members of the op. This way if things go wrong your unpiloted ship can still be warped off via the gang warp option. (This saved my corp a large barge I was piloting during a 48 hour mining excursion when I accidentally fell asleep.) ^^
    Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
    [age-c1]
    [eng][air]

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed over the past few days several people going AFK "for five", to return an hour later. Hey, going AFK is cool, we all gotta do it. If you are going to go for a while, you need to communicate that and you need to dock.

You risk:
      1) Your ship getting blown the hell up
      2) You're teammates counting on you and putting them at risk
      3) A crazy leader like me moving the whole op to another belt just so you can experience #1.

Any questions?

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
      "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
      - Wulfyn

Comment

Lol, guy went to take a piss in 0.0, just cleared a rat spawn.. came back he was in a pod :)

Comment

Another testamonial here. I was in "empty" .4 space waiting for my Iteron to reach a jump moving at a startling 160m/s. I ran to get a drink and came back to my pod. Thankfully the Iteron was empty! Still, the .PRI. corp is on my list.
          New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X