Warp Core Stabilisers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warp Core Stabilisers

Warp scramblers/disruptors still stop someone going to warp. They're countered by warp core stabilisers. The scrambler is strength 2 and 7.5km, the disruptor strength 1, and 20km. Their usage is situational. A scrambler will stop someone with 1 wcs. A disruptor won't, but it'll work at 20km. There's the argument that a 'real' PvPer doesn't use WCS, because that's a 'wasted' slot - you might die without it, because you can't warp. But would you be more likely to win if you use that low for another hardner, armour repper, power diag, nanofiber etc.
    from http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=190417

Does this mean it is pointless taking 1 worp core stabiliser out?
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Re: Warp Core Stabilisers

Its probability, calculated every cycle.

if you have a WCS (Warp Core Stabiliser) the chance of not being jammed it greater.

Comment

To warp you need a score of >= 0.

Start score = 0

Warp Core Stabliser = +1

Warp Scambler = -2
      Warp Disruptor = -1

(thus WCS vs WD = 0 +1 -1 = 0 = warp)
      (thus WCS vs WS = 0 +1 -2 = -1 = no warp)

at least this is the way I read it.

--edit
      The PvP argument is that it takes 2 WCS in order to counter 1 WS, and thus you are giving up 2 low for 1 med. Most ships tend to have less lowslots in my experience, so thus are worth more (anything more restricting is higher in value). So you would need to accept a loss of 2 low slots for 1 medium slot, and even then if the enemy puts another on you are screwed. 2 low are still worth more than 2 med, and now you can't even warp.

So if you assume that overall you are never going to be able to win the warp race then the best thing to do is kit yourself out to fight. By dropping all WCS you are deciding that you would gamble on the enemy's use of WD/WS to put them at a disadvantage. They try to scamble you, but then you don't care because you just want to kill them and not run.

The latter is a higher risk option, but can pay off. It still remains a choice.
      Last edited by Wulfyn; 01-10-2006, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Grim news for the haulers. What to do :(

Comment

I can attest to the fact that warp stabilizers are useless. Even against some relatively modest NPC pirates, I was unable to warp out after being scrambled despite my WCS. So, after losing my ship, I will no longer use that one precious slot for a WCS anymore.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

What was the probability I read about used for then ?

Comment

Don't know - i was only interpreting what i read, i'm not an expert on it ;) Maybe there are some prob factors thrown in, so '0' on my socre is 100%, -1 is 0% and anything between is a factor. These in between bits might be caused by skill deflections.. i dunno <-- pure guesswork. I'd have to research it more to figure it out.

Comment

Well I read stuff about ship strength and probability is calculated each cycle... but thats jamming and not warp jamming I think.

mmm ah well, what to use my extra low slot....

Comment

If your going to equip stabs, always start with 2 and go up in 2's. Any tackler worth it's spit will have a scrambler not a disruptor.

- -

Comment

It is for this reason that smaller ships should be immune from scrambling. Small frigates have 2 or 3 low slots, and spending 2 of them for WCS is not a real option.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Once your skills get up higher, the bonuses will actually render the low slots on frigates less useful. I'm talking you won't need CPU's or RCU's to fit your modules. Those slots can be used for stabs without any problem. The only other thing i use them for are gyrostabilizers if i'm not worried about being scrambled.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                        It is for this reason that smaller ships should be immune from scrambling. Small frigates have 2 or 3 low slots, and spending 2 of them for WCS is not a real option.
                        Remember that WS's have a range of 7500 meters. That's pretty short. If you're in a small ship, it's not hard to swing around and get out of that range. Once out, warp to safety. So there's no reason to make small ships immune

WD's are still very useful in PvP battles. Put them on the ECM ships who can possibly load more than one each? Even if not, they can "gang up" on ships to prevent them from warping at the 20k range.

WCS are the better choice if you KNOW you're going to run, and you know you cannot outrun on standard engines. (Haulers)

WCS are NOT a good choice if you KNOW you're going to fight, or if you can escape the short WS range.
                        "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                        - Lazarus Long

Comment

I have 2 on my caracal now, i will not be taking them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85
                            Its probability, calculated every cycle.

if you have a WCS (Warp Core Stabiliser) the chance of not being jammed it greater.

I don't believe that warp propjams go by percentages

Sensor dampeners, tracking disruptors, webbers and scramblers remain mostly unchanged, except for having an optimal and falloff.
                            (From that EW thread on eve)

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                            "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                            - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                              Remember that WS's have a range of 7500 meters. That's pretty short. If you're in a small ship, it's not hard to swing around and get out of that range. Once out, warp to safety. So there's no reason to make small ships immune

WD's are still very useful in PvP battles. Put them on the ECM ships who can possibly load more than one each? Even if not, they can "gang up" on ships to prevent them from warping at the 20k range.

WCS are the better choice if you KNOW you're going to run, and you know you cannot outrun on standard engines. (Haulers)

WCS are NOT a good choice if you KNOW you're going to fight, or if you can escape the short WS range.
                              On the money!

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                              - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X