Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream gang?

Just for a bit of fun.

What 5 none capital ships would you dream to have in a pvp gang?
    How would they be setup (doesn't have to be accurate but you know me, I will be very accurate)?

I'll start with a quick example.... ermmm total omg ouch gang.

2x Gank Megas (7x T2 neutrons, free high slot, mwd, med cap booster, single rep, plate, eanmII, mag stabs. 4x heavy ecm drones + 5x med damage)
    1x Nos Domi with NOS+Neuts, a remote armour rep. mids for points
    1x Cruise Raven with ECM mids and armour tank.
    1x Vagabond with a typical shield tank uber fast tackler.

Main points:

Megas will be doing 750dps each without heavy damage drones. With null can hit out to 20km easy. With void they will do 900+DPS.

4x Heavy ECM drones have as much chance of a jam as a T2 ECM multi. So between the 8x heavy ecm drones and 4x ECM raven the low tanks and high damage setups should be devestating. For smaller targets can use there medium drones.

Nos/Neut Domi will suck the cap from the targets tank. If not primary it can use the cap to remote rep friendlies (large remote rep = 1.5 large reps) and neut the target. Heavy web drones to hold target for mega's to catch since the Vaga doesn't want to go into web range. Then heavy damage drones once caught.

ECM Raven adds survivability to the group and good damage from whatever range. Cruise not torps so vs cruiser gangs you still do good damage without having to use lots of TP's.

Vaga is the scout/initial tackler. Can orbit anything at 15km to 30km (faction warp disruptor) long enough to drop the BS's on the enemy. It can also clean up any inty's and such.

Everything has 1 point of scram, with domi having 2x 1pts and the mega's having a 2 point scram each plus a web each. Thats 8 points so nothing should escape.

There you go, my wet your pants gang. What would you love to try?

Re: Dream gang?

1x Curse Now/Neut killer of cap of course with a bit of ECM shoved in the mids
    1x Arazu With oodles of ECM/sensor damps
    2x Torp Ravens
    1x NOSdomi

Ravens can be replaced with any major dmg dealing BS(mega, tempest, geddon, etc.). I just like the ability to choose dmg types. Arazu can tacke and ECM a few ships into the ground and the curse and domi will suck targets dry while the dmg dealers get in and do their thing.

---

Comment

Ok, I'll pull an experimental design out of my wazoo:

2x Cruise Ravens
      1x Torp Typhoon (4x Torp, 2x AC, 2x Nos, Armor tank, ECM drones)
      1x Bellicose (Target Painter rig, per Preston's design)
      1x Blackbird (ECM)

Pretty self explanatory. ECM from the BB and the Phoon's drones, Bellicose provides the targetting bonus, and then let the missiles fly. This would be a long-range squadron, although the Phoon can get a little closer to act as a tank-buster with those torps. I'd add a tankable tackler like the Vagabond, but you said 5 ships. Ravens get such a good bonus from the target painting that I'd hate to give up the extra firepower.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Steeler. there are T2 versions.... and remember this is what you'd dream of.

If you dream of bellicose and BB you have my sympathies :-p

belly = rapier or huggin
        blackbird = rook or falcon

Comment

5 - Vindictors :)

Comment

5 rattlesnakes, actually, 4 rattlesnakes and a rook.
            Do or do not, there is no try....
            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

oh well, I should of left out faction ships to but never came into my head.... nevermind. you two go be boring in the corner... go on now, shoooo.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85 View Post
                Steeler. there are T2 versions.... and remember this is what you'd dream of.

If you dream of bellicose and BB you have my sympathies :-p

belly = rapier or huggin
                blackbird = rook or falcon
                Feh, I don't know anything about the T2 ships. I'm not a bloody item database. Anyway, I think it's an interesting combo. I've never been about what's easy or effective, just what looks unique.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

1x Nighthawk (Heavy Missile + Siege Warfare / Shield Tank / BCS+PDS)
                  1x Scorpion (Torps, Target Painter, ECM ahoy)
                  1x Vagabond (Standard Shield/Tackle)
                  1x Raven (Torps + Nos / Shield Tank / BCS+PDS)
                  1x Domi (Nos setup, logistics drones)

Quite a defensive setup, i'm worried about a low damage output. Basic tactic is for the Scorp to pin out an enemy main damage dealer whilst putting a target painter on the primary target (a different one) for the Torp ships. The Heavy missiles from the nighthawk should be able to deal with any smaller ships that can dodge torps, so I am happy not using a cruise raven.

Domi is to move forward with the Vaga, and try and keep the tackler alive through the use of logistic drones, whilst hopefully draining the cap of the target as well to speed up beating its tank. It's a bit odd man out but they can have a rock solid tank. The rest of the ships should benefit from the Nighthawk pilot's siege link module to keep their shields happy.

Comment

1x eos with t2 drones and some armor gang mods plus t2 neutrons and a mwd
                    1x falcon with ecm up the wazoo
                    1x t2 torp raven for massive damage
                    1x sniper mega or a Rokh
                    1x cerbeus with t2 heavys
                    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?

Comment

Actually I've changed my mind.

5x Blasterthrons... chaaaaaaarge!!!!!

Comment

Man, people are missing the obvious here...this is a dream gang..the keyword being DREAM...so what would I have?
                        2xEidolons. (8hi/8med/6low slots, 3500m3 drone bay, 7500 cap, 8500 base shields, 325m/s top speed without AB/MWD)
                        3xEnigmas. (7hi/8med/7low slots, 50m3 drone bay, 2000 cap, 3000 base shields, 425m/s top speed without AB/MWD)

I would EAT anything that moves. The enigma has the added bonus of having all 7 high slots being missile hardpoints...so just imagine a 3 MWD enigmas with assault launchers circling you so fast that you cant hope to hit them pounding away at you with 21 missiles every 5-6 seconds. Not to mention the eidolons sitting there blasting you with cruise missiles or rails. Your average raven would last about 15 seconds in that fight. I'd take that gang right there against a cap ship, no questions asked.

Add in the fact that the enigmas are red and have red shields (you can see em when boosters are active) and most people would wet themselves at the very sight of my mighty gang.

Comment

CryForMe wins the thread...
                          Do or do not, there is no try....
                          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

nah, i just like to have nice dreams.

Comment

I said dream gang, not wet the bed dream gang.

Anyway, 5x Crows.

No 5x BS gang would survive a 70+man fleet. 5x Crows could probably take BS's and run from anything they can't take. (me loves T2 frigs atm).

Although could just use 5x Vagabonds if going down that line of thought.... mmm mix of Vaga's and Crow's..... mmmmmm

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X