Dreadnought question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreadnought question

I'm somewhat new to the game, but recently I've been thinking about working up to a capital ship sometime in the future. The dreadnoughts look cool as I hear they make short work of carriers and house a fair package of defensive/offensive capabilities. I was wondering what are some tactics I should be aware of with a dreadnought? What's a good configuration to go with in pvp/anti pos? I'm prolly gunna go for a phoenix cause i like missiles-is that a good choice for a dread?

Re: Dreadnought question

Originally posted by TGreenFire View Post
    I'm somewhat new to the game, but recently I've been thinking about working up to a capital ship sometime in the future. The dreadnoughts look cool as I hear they make short work of carriers and house a fair package of defensive/offensive capabilities. I was wondering what are some tactics I should be aware of with a dreadnought? What's a good configuration to go with in pvp/anti pos? I'm prolly gunna go for a phoenix cause i like missiles-is that a good choice for a dread?
    Dreads are expensive ships and take a lot of skills so its a long long way off, just to give you simple information (you'll probably learn more by time you get to flying them).

Dreads use something called Seige Mode which improves both there tank and damage vastly, but can't warp or even move until you deactivate the seige module and the cycle finishes (I think its 10 min cycle). While in seige mode you use resources (water and isotopes I think) so for long pos operations (boring) you sometimes need to get more brought to you. You can't use EW on a dread in seige mode. Out of seige mode the damage and tank isn't much better than a BS.

Pheonix would be missile launchers and a seige module in highs, shield tank in mids (shield booster and hardeners) and pdu's in lows. Any spare mids not used for hardeners should be used for cap rechargers.

Dreads arn't as useful as carriers away from pos and anti-capital warfare.

They don't use jump gates to travel but use jump drive to jump to a Cyno Field, this uses fuel and is limited so could take multiple jumps to get to your destination. Can be dropped anywhere in the system though, at friendly pos or directly into middle of the enemy.

Alone they arn't much to worry about, they need support ship to protect them, especially considering the isk investment just for the 1 ship + modules.

Think that covers the basics, like I said, you'll learn more about them as you play, personally i'd rather train carriers as dreads are basically limited to pos warfare which for me is mind numbingly boring.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X