Thorax Fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorax Fittings

Hey there, new the discussion board, fairly new to EvE and I've really enjoyed how expansive it is thus far.

I'll be able to fly a Thorax soon and I wanted to get some input from other player with suggestions on setups.

I was thinking of focusing on hull armor, drones, and medium hybrid long range (railguns) since I am used to the distance in a fight but I am open to learn totally different strategies.

I also don't PvP much yet as I've been sticking to Agent Missions in 0.5+ sec systems, though I'm also open for having a setup that can hold its own.

Thanks in advance for any tips or help!

Re: Thorax Fittings

Thorax is a great, versatile ship.

Your intution about armor and drones are spot on. Another key skill to focus on would be MWD (Navigation skills). One thing to consider; for pve (missions, ratting) Railguns are a good choice. If you want to use the ship in pvp, fit blasters. The same basic skill tree (Hybrid turrets) will let you do both, but a blaster thorax is much deadlier in combat. The dps you output is significantly higher. Its also harder to fit, and requires higher skills in engineering. You should always consider getting your electronics and engineering skills (and the various sub skills) to 3 or 4 as a priority, as they make your ships much more viable, and you don't have to mess around with modules to increase powergrid or CPU.

Oh, and welcome to TG :)
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Rockin, thanks for the info on the blasters for PVP and the skills info, it should help greatly. Glad to be here, hope to help others in the future :)

Comment

1 thing to remember is that MWD dont work in deadspace, if you are fitting for missions
        sigpic

Comment

I would say that the thorax isn't so great for pve. Vexor with some decent drone skills (you can get drones V from the get go if you roll right) is much better. Especially since drones do much more dmg with less sp.

---

Comment

I just bought my Thorax about a half an hour ago, but I have a decent bit of ISK so I could always go give Vexor a try after I get my drone skills up a bit more.

Thanks for the alternative ship tip Steel!

Comment

PvP Thorax:
              Highs:
              5x Light Neutron Blaster t2

Meds:
              1x Warp Disruptor t2
              1x X5 Prototype web
              1x 10mn MWD

Lows:
              1x 1600mm rolled tungsten plate
              2x Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane t2
              1x Medium Armor Repairer t2
              1x Damage Control t2

Drones:
              5x Hammerhead t2

Beats just about any t1 cruiser as long as you're in your optimals

PvE Thorax: NO (lol) but no rly, go w/ the vexor for running lvl 2 missions

Comment

Here is a good fit from a respected website. It requires some pretty good skills though
                Role
                Solo or small gang high DPS fitting.
                High
                5x Heavy Electron Blaster II w/ Caldari Navy Antimatter M
                Mid
                1x 10mn MicroWarpdrive II
                1x Warp Disruptor II
                1x Stasis Webifier II
                Low
                2x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
                1x Small Armor Repairer II
                1x 1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
                1x Reactor Control Unit II
                Drones
                5x Hammerhead II
                Skillls
                Requires AWU IV. If you cannot use T2 medium blasters or RCU IIs, downgrade to best-named Modal Electron blasters, a named MWD, and an RCU I. Assuming gunnery supports to IV and Cruiser V, this setup will do 504 DPS with T2 guns and 478 with just T1. Use faction ammo over Void.
                Tactics
                Get on top of a target and let your 1600mm plate soak up what damage your opponent can do before your massive cruiser DPS melts them, then patch up after the fight with the SAR.
                Weakness
                Be aware of your resist hole (only 10% explosive resist), and don't let yourself get kited by a Rupture. If you can web a T2 autocannon boat you will win, but not if they can safely kite you with Barrage.
                Variations
                For solo work consider 5 medium ECM drones

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Full gank fit, rep's are over rated. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Havok View Post
                    PvP Thorax:
                    Highs:
                    5x Light Neutron Blaster t2

Meds:
                    1x Warp Disruptor t2
                    1x X5 Prototype web
                    1x 10mn MWD

Lows:
                    1x 1600mm rolled tungsten plate
                    2x Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane t2
                    1x Medium Armor Repairer t2
                    1x Damage Control t2

Drones:
                    5x Hammerhead t2

Beats just about any t1 cruiser as long as you're in your optimals

PvE Thorax: NO (lol) but no rly, go w/ the vexor for running lvl 2 missions
                    This setup works very good but I drop the medium rep and put on a magnetic field stab for more damage. You always want a scrambler for solo pvp unless you have a designated tackler so one can keep him jammed while the other mwd's in to get the scram and vise versa. here is my fit below.

Highs:
                    x4 Light Neutron Blaster t2
                    x1 Small Neutrilizer (easily hurt interceptors and anything small that might end up using a small repair or sheild boost, the small nute will hurt caldari assault ships ALOT)

Meds:
                    x1 Warp Scrambler II
                    x1 X5 Prototype web
                    x1 10MN Afterburner II

Lows:
                    x1 1600mm rolled tungsten plate
                    x1 800mm rolled tungsten plate
                    x2 Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
                    x1 Damage Control II

Drones:
                    x5 Hammerhead II

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
                      Full gank fit, rep's are over rated. ;)
                      reps also fail to. check my kills on battleclinic. you will see ive killed multiple gank fit cruisers that fit a rep as well and failed.

Comment

One thing I must state about missions in a railgun ship.. you should ALWAYS carry light drones in your drone bay. One of these times you will get warp scrambled by a frigate and have no way of getting out because your railguns can't track the target. The theory is, you shoot further away stuff with your railguns, and let the drones take care of the things close up, like the frigates. Can't tell you how many times that stuff has saved my arse.
                        "If you want to taste the ground, feel free to attack." - Kenshin Himura

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X