Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best character to start with?

Hi folks!

I played WoW for a long time and am up for something totaly new. I bet Eve online would be my best choice. I'm downloading the trial now :D. But i need some help building my first character.

Like in WoW you should start off as something like a mage or Warlock. Becaus in wow you will level faster if you do more DPS. And those 2 characters get there DPS much more from skill then gear. If you start off in WOW with a warrior or a paladin you atleast need good weapons to advance quicker trough the game.

Now i know eve is totaly different and maybe this question is not needed at all. But i like to know whats the best character to start with and what profincies/skills should i get? I'm not asking for a whole character stat sheet. And i don't care about how hard the gameplay is with a certain character.

I am totaly noob with eve (played the beta and thats a while ago :D). But i was thinking about doing some mining to get money. Then build myself some weapons for another character. Do i save time/money with this strategy? My ears are all open for any other strategies.

Thnx in advance,

-edit-
    Are there any realy usefull websites for eve? Like databases with quests and missions or where to find/get good gear/equipment. And maps... yeah i need maps too, space is big you know. You can't imagine how excited i am again, i feel like i used to feel when a great game out when i was 16 years old.... lmao :D

Re: Best character to start with?

Ok, please don't expect EvE characters to be like they are in WoW. Eve, you can be anything, train something, dont like it? train something else.

So first things first.

Will you want to PvP or do PvE?
    Will you want to mine and manufacture (Craft)?

These are generally the 2 main questions you should answer before deciding what type of character you want.

If yo wish to do combat you character needs to have hi perception and willpower to start with.
    Likewise if you want to be a industrialist you need high intellisgence and memory.
    Charisma isnt as important until later in the game, so dont ignore it completely, just dont max your stats out in it on creation.

I wont give a run down on race types as i think this is something best appreciated by playing the game. If you try the trial experiment with the char slots you have and try each race at least once.

Once in game join the MCREW-PUB in game channel and you will find alot of tg members knocking around in there.

And finally some links to read over.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=437508
    http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=588605

Enjoy

Comment

Read the eve general area for other topics by new players, will only be repeating information people have put there like about each races style of combat ship and such.

1. Depends what you want to do (combat or something else).
      2. Depends what type/style of combat to what race you pick, but you can cross train but you start with better skills for your race which take probably a month to make up.
      3. Don't bother with building stuff yourself early or mining, not worth it without many skills and researched blueprints and capital to buy materials with.
      4. http://eve-survival.org/ for guides on missions.
      5. Theres a ingame map.
      6. You buy stuff from markets (regional) and collect loot from ship wreaks.
      7. Do the ingame tutorials and you'll pickup stuff like that.

Comment

"Like in WoW you should start off as something like a mage or Warlock. Becaus in wow you will level faster if you do more DPS. And those 2 characters get there DPS much more from skill then gear. If you start off in WOW with a warrior or a paladin you atleast need good weapons to advance quicker trough the game."

Wrong, oh so wrong, but won't go into that.

New characters start with a ton of skillpoints now including rank 5 in some things which is a big time saver. ~800k SP which is what I think I had just about when I'd quit 2 yrs ago with 1.5 months of playtime to give you an idea on the boost. Also the money you make is also fairly significantly boosted, all that time ago, I'd had my missile cruiser with some fairly good fittings inside a month, now I had the same thing inside a week + lots more. The key to that though is it all comes from salvaging.

If your making a combat character, as far as min maxing attributes Caldari Archura Inventor Military is popular on the forum stuff that I've read and is what I went with. Only drawback is for pvp at least the impression I've got is caldari arnt as great or wanted for pvp, more of a pve race as far as their ships go, but if your looking for teh uber stats, can make a choice that gives you skills that would apply to other races ships and just immediatly start training skills in other races frigs and start from there.
        His duty is honour itself. Even his death - If it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear.-
        Roboute Guilliman,Primarch of the Ultramarines

-EVE: Naune

Comment

Originally posted by Datzl View Post
          Only drawback is for pvp at least the impression I've got is caldari arnt as great or wanted for pvp, more of a pve race as far as their ships go, but if your looking for teh uber stats, can make a choice that gives you skills that would apply to other races ships and just immediatly start training skills in other races frigs and start from there.
          I disagree, Caldari can be plenty effective in PVP. Ewar is a good learning path here, for lower SP. A well skilled Torp Raven or Blaster Rohk is every bit as effective at PVP as anything else really. It does take a little more tactical awareness, as you can run into logistic problems unless you plan for it (you end up being the only shield tanker in a gang of armor kind of thing), but we have some of the very best in class ships amongst the PVP choices, as do all the other races really. Think its more a matter of style, tbh.
          Do or do not, there is no try....
          -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by gunjunkie View Post
            I disagree, Caldari can be plenty effective in PVP. Ewar is a good learning path here, for lower SP.
            Who you calling 'low skillpoint'? grrrr :row__523:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eva
              Who you calling 'low skillpoint'? grrrr
              That's clearly a typo Eva. He definitely meant "low skill" ;)

Comment

Imho the best combat character to start off with is Caldari, Achura, +3 Per +2 Int, Monk(+2Per, +2 WILL), Military, and then you have 2 choices.... Special Forces (more points into missiles and Cali frig IV to start off with) and stay with Caldari ships or go Soldier (IV ship command and more points into gunnery) and skill into another factions ship of your choosing

hope this helps
                IGN: Comrade Bishka - Caldari, Achura, Monk Soldier! Kun-pew pew?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X