This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate My Build

I suffered my first ship loss, while PvPing a rat. Not a big deal I knew it would happen, I just wanted the learning experience (and the insurance cash hehe).

Take note: this is with limited skills to less than 2 months of gameplay, since I'm an Industry/Engineer person by trade.

The old build:

Ryo-Ohki II - Thorax
    3x 250MM Carbide Railgun Antimatter
    2x Heavy Ion Blaster - AntiMatter
    1x 10mw Afterburner
    1x Medium Shield Repair
    1x Cargo Scanner
    1x 160mm Titanium plate
    1x Cargo Expander
    1x Small Armor Repair

The new build:

Ryo-Ohki III - Vexor

2x 250mm Carbide Railgun AntiMatter
    2x Heavy Ion Blaster both AntiMatter
    1x Cap Recharger I
    1x Stasis Webifier I
    1x 10MN Afterburner
    1x 400mm Reinforced Nanofiber Plates I
    1x Emergency Damage Control I
    1x Adaptive Nano Plating II,
    1x Small Armor Repair I

I took the hit to the armor plating to fit an extra Blaster. The PvP build will probably nix the Blaster in favor of 800+mm plating.

This is meant to be a PvE build :)

This is my first "real" build and loadout on a ship, so input is welcome. Be advised again, my skillset right now is limited.
    Last edited by Spulat; 03-04-2009, 08:52 PM. Reason: forgot to add the webifier in the list
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Re: Rate My Build

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
    I suffered my first ship loss, while PvPing a rat. Not a big deal I knew it would happen, I just wanted the learning experience (and the insurance cash hehe).

Take note: this is with limited skills to less than 2 months of gameplay, since I'm an Industry/Engineer person by trade.

The old build:

Ryo-Ohki II - Thorax
    3x 250MM Carbide Railgun Antimatter
    2x Heavy Ion Blaster - AntiMatter
    1x 10mw Afterburner
    1x Medium Shield Repair
    1x Cargo Scanner
    1x 160mm Titanium plate
    1x Cargo Expander
    1x Small Armor Repair

The new build:

Ryo-Ohki III - Vexor

2x 250mm Carbide Railgun AntiMatter
    2x Heavy Ion Blaster both AntiMatter
    1x Cap Recharger I
    1x 10MN Afterburner
    1x 400mm Reinforced Nanofiber Plates I
    1x Emergency Damage Control I
    1x Adaptive Nano Plating II,
    1x Small Armor Repair I

I took the hit to the armor plating to fit an extra Blaster. The PvP build will probably nix the Blaster in favor of 800+mm plating.

This is meant to be a PvE build :)

This is my first "real" build and loadout on a ship, so input is welcome. Be advised again, my skillset right now is limited.
    As a general rule-of-thumb, you don't want to mix and match weapons of different ranges on your ships. Due to different optimal ranges and tracking rates, you'll most likely never be able to concentrate firepower on any target (only if it's nearby and stationary). Also, you'll want to focus on an armor tank on both ships with a medium armor rep and multiple resistance modules (hardeners).

This setup worked decently for missions when I had a thorax:

High:
    5x 200mm/250mm rails

Mid:
    1x 10MN afterburner
    1x stasis web or 1x tracking computer
    1x cap recharger

Low:
    1x med armor rep
    1x damage control
    1x energized adaptive nano membrane
    1x armor plate
    1x magnetic field stabilizer

Drones:
    5x medium drones or 10x lights

For PvP you'll want to consider using medium blasters (electron or ion, neutron won't fit) + mwd/scram/web + armor tank + medium/ECM drones as a template.

A similar setup works for newer players in Vexors, but keep in mind that it's primarily a drone ship. Some players don't even need to fit guns on it (just tractors and salvagers, or nos/neuts for PvP).

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
      As a general rule-of-thumb, you don't want to mix and match weapons of different ranges on your ships. Due to different optimal ranges and tracking rates, you'll most likely never be able to concentrate firepower on any target (only if it's nearby and stationary). Also, you'll want to focus on an armor tank on both ships with a medium armor rep and multiple resistance modules (hardeners).

This setup worked decently for missions when I had a thorax:

High:
      5x 200mm/250mm rails

Mid:
      1x 10MN afterburner
      1x stasis web or 1x tracking computer
      1x cap recharger

Low:
      1x med armor rep
      1x damage control
      1x energized adaptive nano membrane
      1x armor plate
      1x magnetic field stabilizer

Drones:
      5x medium drones or 10x lights

For PvP you'll want to consider using medium blasters (electron or ion, neutron won't fit) + mwd/scram/web + armor tank + medium/ECM drones as a template.

A similar setup works for newer players in Vexors, but keep in mind that it's primarily a drone ship. Some players don't even need to fit guns on it (just tractors and salvagers, or nos/neuts for PvP).
      In some missions, I can't destroy them all at range before the close, and then it's just wasting ammo trying to pot shot them with railguns. I am spending the net day or two training up some Drone-related stuff so I can have scout or combat or whatever drones. That's why I mix the types, because in PvE it doesn't seem as critical unless we're doing lvl 4-5 with the corp.

A tracking computer will probably be helpful though, and I know on the Thorax it always annoyed me at how long the acquire time was on targeting. On my Exequror I can lock in 3 seconds, on the Thorax it's 6. I know that doesn't have anything to do with tracking, but faster target acquisition would be nice...
      Last edited by Spulat; 03-04-2009, 02:59 PM.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams

Comment

The tracking computer increases your turrets ability to track targets with high transverse velocity. For locking speed you need to use a Sensor Booster with a Scan Resolution script.

As far as the split weapons goes, I think you'll be happier with all blasters and a micro warp drive. You most likely can't run the mwd forever so you will have to turn it off once your in range but with all blasters your going to see a big jump in dps witch is well worth waiting to get into range. And with a mwd it shouldn't take long for you to close on your targets. Also a thorax or a vexor doubly so are both pretty gimp without medium drones so your definitely going to see a huge increase in dps once you get those trained.

Should go for something akin to this.
        [Vexor, T1 Ratter]
        Capacitor Power Relay I
        Capacitor Power Relay I
        Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
        Medium Armor Repairer I

Cap Recharger I
        Cap Recharger I
        10MN MicroWarpdrive I

Heavy Electron Blaster I, Antimatter Charge M
        Salvager I

[empty rig slot]
        [empty rig slot]
        [empty rig slot]

Hammerhead I x5
        CoD WaW = -Cloak-
        CS:S/CoD4 = Cloak
        BF2/BF2142 = Alucard_Zer0
        EVE Online = Assassin Zer0

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard_Zer0 View Post
          The tracking computer increases your turrets ability to track targets with high transverse velocity. For locking speed you need to use a Sensor Booster with a Scan Resolution script.

As far as the split weapons goes, I think you'll be happier with all blasters and a micro warp drive. You most likely can't run the mwd forever so you will have to turn it off once your in range but with all blasters your going to see a big jump in dps witch is well worth waiting to get into range. And with a mwd it shouldn't take long for you to close on your targets. Also a thorax or a vexor doubly so are both pretty gimp without medium drones so your definitely going to see a huge increase in dps once you get those trained.

Should go for something akin to this.
          [Vexor, T1 Ratter]
          Capacitor Power Relay I
          Capacitor Power Relay I
          Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
          Medium Armor Repairer I

Cap Recharger I
          Cap Recharger I
          10MN MicroWarpdrive I

Salvager I

[empty rig slot]
          [empty rig slot]
          [empty rig slot]

Hammerhead I x5
          Yes, the whole "Pounce and Melt" setup has been described to me, for the Thorax setup rather than Vexor. :)

There's quite a bit of training time involved in MWDs, and I have other priorities right now... so the typical Vexor drone setup works better for me right now. I'll keep what you posted in mind since it has a couple of different things.

I'm closing this thread for now, since I won't be needing any more build advice, and what I do need I'll be conducting in-house. Thanks everyone for your input.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X